7/14/24 1:40PM Dodgers @ Tigers

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Maybe if we all pitch in, we can get you a special movie pass for showings that occur only during Tiger games.

When my heart is pulling for them, but I’m not physically present through any media connection to follow them, they seem to do better. It’s kind of like Schrodinger‘s cat but when I open the box it’s alive. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I keep getting pitched stuff for hoodies that make hot, sunny, weather bearable, which I’m not sure is possible. One of the guys at the botanical garden I frequent wears one all the time when he’s out in the sun so I think I’m going to ask him about it.  

Yeah, the younger cooler dads who were coaching the father's day allstar tournament games I was watching had these on.  Apparently they work.   I think also there is a UPF aspect because some of God's creatures get melanoma under his flashlight.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

I'd be remiss if I didnt give Maeda his flowers for getting through 3 2/3 clean innings and keeping the team in the game.

The entire bullpen. The Dodgers shouldn't have scored at all. Stupid wind...stupid popup.

Even the king allows himself to hope for more than glory. Such mad hope, but there it is: "Against Asia's endless hordes, against all odds, we can do it. We can hold the Hot Gates. We can win. "

Edited by romad1

5 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Jake Rogers dumping the ice water on Perez.   Was he wearing a hoodie?    Have you been outside?     What kind of sociopath wears a hoodie when the head index is 92 !

He’s a catcher.  He crouches in front of 100 MPH from 60 feet as his chosen profession.  Tools of ignorance.  Does that kind of say it all?

2 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Did you ever see the story about how a Dodgers game saved a guy from a murder charge? 

No, but I saw the story about the guy who took a hooker with him to a Dodgers game so he could drive in the HOV lane on the way there.