7/19/24 7:07PM Tigers @ Blue Jays

2 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Kerry Carpenter still isn't back.    I fear this turning into another Andy Dirks situation.  

I don't know if Andy was just a really bad patient or the Tiger staff at Toledo that year all needed to be broomed, but I remember Andy was just coming back from back trouble and his 1st rehab game with the Hen's he tried to steal a base and I'm not sure he ever played in Det again after the re-injury on the attempt. Seemed like daylight madness for a guy coming off back trouble to be stealing bases, but what do I know?

5 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Yeah, he’s not very good. Where’s Dan?

Scales and Gania  rhapsodizing about how strong the Tigers bullpen has been this year. Then Apple posts stat showing that Tigers pen leads MLB in blown saves. 

• Haha 1

Who's gonna pitch the 9th? Faedo? Maeda? Wentz? Miller?

What's wrong with having a setup man and a closer? A couple months ago, I thought it was going to be Chafin and Foley, but it's different every time.

1 minute ago, MeanJim said:

What's wrong with having a setup man and a closer? A couple months ago, I thought it was going to be Chafin and Foley, but it's different every time.

Holton?

15 minutes ago, MeanJim said:

We don’t have a shutdown back of the pen, so it’s fluid. When you don’t have anyone obviously suited to the role, no point it just giving it to the warmest body.

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

So start off the second half with a good win on the road. It would be nice if we can make it interesting the next couple of weeks.

It would be great to have meaningful games into September. At least until the Lions start their regular season.