7/20/24 3:07PM Tigers @ Blue Jays

1 hour ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I also see this is MLB free game of the day.

2 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Yesterday every other game except Tigers-Jays and the other Apple + game were MLB free games of the day. So they owe us!

Looks like all are free today.

1 minute ago, kdog said:

Olson has been removed due to injury.

Mize, Manning and Olson out. Brieske ineffective lately.  No one pitching effectively at Toledo.

Looks like Maeda back in the rotation and would make it more difficult to trade both Flaherty and Skubal without getting a ready rotation piece in return.

Time to see what Bonderman, Porcello and Fister are up to.

5 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Jobe up, if necessary. He’s the best we have in the minors (and most of the big squad). 

I was almost going to say that but I wonder if after his recent injury they'll want to "kid glove" him for awhile before even considering that. Also, do they need a 40 man move for Jobe?

I was going to start thinking about Jobe in September (A) If he was ready, or not. And (B) with the limitations that they've placed on September callups if it's a move they'd even consider.

I'm going to say no on both accounts and just WAG that they're really not thinking about an MLB tryout for him until next Spring Training at the earliest...

Just a guess...

Jobe has to show that he can last a couple months in the minors without getting hurt again. He's also on an innings limit. I don't think you'll see him in the majors this year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

If I were to guess if any SP from Toledo is coming up, it's Hurter, but I'm not sure they won't just move Maeda back and bullpen game it.

Lockhart's been "On FAHR" his past couple of starts (oh wait, how'd he do last night? I meant before last night...); But I'd like to see another Lefty get a chance... I want him up in MLB to see if (A) he can "hack it, and (B) if he can replace Wentz at some point. (Meaning he gets shifted to the bullpen if he gets replaced in the rotation by a healthy Olson or otherwise...).

Just now, kdog said:

Jobe has to show that he can last a couple months in the minors without getting hurt again. He's also on an innings limit. I don't think you'll see him in the majors this year.

Right.

I think Spring Training 2025 is when we see what he looks like...

Ibanez with a sharp eye ended up taking third on the double after he saw Varsho bobble the ball in the LF corner. It didn't get us an extra run, though. Varsho coming up second this inning will be motivated to redeem himself.