7/20/24 3:07PM Tigers @ Blue Jays

Yet another reminder that you can never have too much pitching. I remember at the start of the season people including national outlets like Fangraphs talking about how much pitching depth we have with our slotted starting 5 along with Manning, SGL and possibly somebody like Madden from the minor leagues.

Well here we are in July and out of the 8 or 9 guys mentioned only Flaherty and Skubal are left standing, the rest are either injured or completely ineffective. 

Yet another reminder that you can never have too much pitching. I remember at the start of the season people including national outlets like Fangraphs talking about how much pitching depth we have with our slotted starting 5 along with Manning, SGL and possibly somebody like Madden from the minor leagues.

Well here we are in July and out of the 8 or 9 guys mentioned only Flaherty and Skubal are left standing, the rest are either injured or completely ineffective. 

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

I have no idea why that triple posted but I guess it is so important it needed to be posted several times. 

Are you on iOS and you pressed Submit and you saw it didn't go through, then you pressed Submit again and saw it didn't go through again, then you pressed Submit a third time and it still didn't go through, so then you just refreshed the page?

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

Are you on iOS and you pressed Submit and you saw it didn't go through, then you pressed Submit again and saw it didn't go through again, then you pressed Submit a third time and it still didn't go through, so then you just refreshed the page?

On chrome but yeah that's exactly what happened. I've done it before though and I don't remember it doing that but I'll have to remember to keep this in mind if it happens again.

Just now, RandyMarsh said:

On chrome but yeah that's exactly what happened. I've done it before though and I don't remember it doing that but I'll have to remember to keep this in mind if it happens again.

So you did it on a laptop and not on a phone? I haven't seen it happen on my laptop yet. But yeah it took me a couple times to get the idea.

Am I naive to hope that with him being out of sorts all game, rather than a sudden pop, the injury might be a little less serious? Somewhere between precautionary and catastrophic?

Tigers' Reese Olson pulled from start after two innings with right shoulder soreness

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2024/07/20/tigers-reese-olson-pulled-from-start-after-two-innings-with-right-shoulder-soreness/74484066007/

Wow, the way Malloy showed up the home plate umpire by lurching toward first on that 3-and-0 that clipped the corner, he's lucky he got the call on that 3-and-1 that clipped the top of the zone.

1 minute ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

If Reese is hurt for a long period you can kiss buying at the deadline goodbye. You'll end up trading Flaherty and move Maeda back to the rotation and bring up Hurter. 

I don't think we are buying at the deadline for any reason. We're not going to go off plan and empty the top of the farm system just to have a puncher's chance at a third wild card spot.

Just now, chasfh said:

Wow, the way Malloy showed up the home plate umpire by lurching toward first on that 3-and-0 that clipped the corner, he's lucky he got the call on that 3-and-1 that clipped the top of the zone.

Musta been a good apology.

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

These umps are so bad they can’t even hook a guy the right way.