7/20/24 3:07PM Tigers @ Blue Jays

7 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Vlad can be a FA at the end of next season. So it would be a partial rental. And Toronto will prolly ask WAY too much for him. Maybe inquire about him but I wouldn't give up any top prospect(s) for him.

Plus I don't think we will be entertaining anymore league-worst defenders at first base.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

40,000 fans gonna show Chris how bad Detroit wants a winner. After he counts all the $$ he makes, he'll loosen the purse strings and allow Harris to raise the payroll. Hey, a guy can dream, right?

I think Harris will have a fairly better payroll next year, and then a much much better payroll in 2026.

You can say alot of things about Chris but I don't think he is cheap atleast to the point where he won't spend any money to improve the team and only cares about the bottom line. He's likely never going to overspend like his Dad but I think he will spend accordingly.

I hear plenty of folks speculate that Flaherty was only signed with the specific intention to trade at the deadline, well if he was as cheap as some people make out why would he be ok with giving a pitcher 14 million dollars who was coming off a terrible season for the chance that he may not only turn it around but in turn bring back a prospect(s) who may actually turn out to be useful? He could've just as easily pocketed that 14 mill and used league minimum guys to fill that role.

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

Plus I don't think we will be entertaining anymore league-worst defenders at first base.

Well, he played 3B today.  I’m generally non bunt, but I think trying it early today would have been fine.

16 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Hey........I was working at the Ann Arbor Art Fair all day -- why did Reese Olson only pitch 2 innings today? 

A fire breathing dragon swooped down from the sky and snatched him and took him to her nest somewhere in Ontario.