7/21/24 1:37PM Tigers @ Blue Jays

I think bringing up Madris and Lucas, both sub-replacement players beyond prospect age, is a pretty strong indication that Harris has a plan he is sticking to and probably means there’s no way we are buying at the deadline. Instead of bringing up top prospects and throwing them into the deep end of the pool in a hopeful bid that they will kill it and take us to the playoffs, he is bringing up placeholders for the 26-man while waiting for (hopefully) Carpenter and Olson to come back.

Pitching plan vs. Guardians: Tarik Skubal on Monday, bullpen game on Tuesday, Jack Flaherty on Wednesday, TBA on Thursday.

The #Tigers haven't decided on the plan for Thursday's game, but Kenta Maeda would be lined up to start. Another option is two bullpen games in Cleveland

I think it's late enough into the season and I've given him enough of a chance to be able to say that I'm pretty much over Jason Benetti. I mean, he's miles better than Shep could ever hope to hope, no doubt. And if I had no other choice, I would be OK listening to him the whole game. But I like more business than wisecracking in my baseball broadcasts, so I'll do the radio overlay with Dan Dickerson whenever he's available.

Edited by chasfh
  • Like 1

Holy CRAP...

For a first OUT of the game...

Damn... that was one of the most beautiful first OUTS of the game I've ever seen from the Tigers. First pitch, ball is skied but RF'er at the fence snags it.

And then Keith does nearly the same to CF.

Hmmm... what's going on here?

How about a grand slam by young Malloy to take the lead back from the Jays? 💪🏾

Remember how the Tigers would give up a run early and we would whine and moan here and give up on the game? Yeah, I'm starting to have trouble remembering that, too.

• Like 1