Jim Leyland

Today is the day Leyland gives his Hall of Fame speech. I'm sure it will get emotional for him and many of his fans. (Except in Colorado? 😆). It's on the MLB Network at 1:30. It should be good. Over and under in Leyland tears? I say in less than 5 minutes...lol

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

Today is the day Leyland gives his Hall of Fame speech. I'm sure it will get emotional for him and many of his fans. (Except in Colorado? 😆). It's on the MLB Network at 1:30. It should be good. Over and under in Leyland tears? I say in less than 5 minutes...lol

I just hope he goes aggro on Jason Grilli in his speech for nostalgia.

• Haha 1

Just now, monkeytargets39 said:

I just hope he goes aggro on Jason Grilli in his speech for nostalgia.

I saw an interview with him and Sean Casey. Casey said when he first got here, Leyland went over a sign with him. Told him the sign to steal a base...lol. Pure Leyland, making a joke to put a player at ease. I remember he told a rookie pitcher, who was making his first start, that if he had family coming to watch him to get there early because he may nor be in there for long...lol 

Best line of the day…

“I was having coffee with [wife] Katie a couple of weeks after I was elected to the Hall of Fame,” Leyland said. “And I casually said, ‘Katie, can you believe in your wildest dreams that I’ve been elected to the Hall of Fame?’

“And Katie replied, ‘Jim, you’re not in my wildest dreams.’”