NFL Comments for 2024

3 hours ago, buddha said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40918015/candid-tua-tagovailoa-calls-brian-flores-coaching-style

perhaps this is why brian flores was fired and not the color of his skin?

kind of like josh mcdaniel...and matt patricia.  

It’s almost like that kind of coaching only worked on the best QB ever to play the game, and it only worked because he was the best QB ever to play the game. Who would have thought. 

On 8/19/2024 at 8:26 PM, Jason_R said:

It’s almost like that kind of coaching only worked on the best QB ever to play the game, and it only worked because he was the best QB ever to play the game. Who would have thought. 

its also kind of like the "greatest coach of all time" never won a thing without the best QB and often cheated, including cheating against a 1-12 Bengals team, which might lead one to believe that if he cheated against the worst team in the league, that he likely cheated all the time.       

Chuck Noll is the greatest coach of all time.  

23 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Do you realize what a joke the Steelers were before he came along.   They were the Lions in the 00s,  for decades.

and?  

what happened when THE GREATEST DRAFT CLASS IN NFL HISTORY got old?  what did he win?  nothing.

tom landry made super bowls with multiple qbs and multiple players.  belicheck had brady, but was much more successful than noll.  don shula made it with multiple teams and mutiple qbs.  noll was a great coach, but the "greatest"?  no ****ing way.  win with more than one group of players.  win in more than one era.  

nope.  no way.

I think Andy Reid should be up there for GOAT coaches. Yeah he didn't win the SB until Mahomes but even before him he was regularly in the playoffs and made deep runs consistently with a bunch of different rosters. Hell he took over a 2 win KC team and won 11 games the first year he got there. 

Another guy in the modern era who I don't think gets enough credit is Mike Tomlin. To go almost 20 years straight without a losing season is unheard in today's game especially when almost half of those were with either an aging Roethlisberger or a scrub QB. Only has 1 ring and a so so playoff record but when he did have the luxury of having a plus QB in Ben he was playing in the same conference as true top tier all time great QBs in Manning, Brady and at the tail end Mahomes. 

Never once did he have a season where he was coaching one of the top 3 QBs in football which is a luxury most coaches with multiple rings and great playoff resumes can say they had. 

2 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Man, Sunday Ticket is just too expensive. Does anyone know if they offer specials later in the season?

I picked it up along with Red Zone on a student special for $119 in late July. There was a season ticket holder code I got shortly after that but it's expired now.

It does go down in price as the season progresses though.

4 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I picked it up along with Red Zone on a student special for $119 in late July. There was a season ticket holder code I got shortly after that but it's expired now.

It does go down in price as the season progresses though.

I would gladly pay that much for it. The last time I saw an offer, it was over $300!

Back when I was big into fantasy I would get the ticket but now that I only play it for fun I don't have that big of need to watch all the different games. 

Between the Lions, all the prime time games and the 4:00 "game of the week" I get my NFL fix. Now if I lived out of market and had to get the Ticket to watch the Lions then I'd definitely pony up for that. 

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Back when I was big into fantasy I would get the ticket but now that I only play it for fun I don't have that big of need to watch all the different games. 

Between the Lions, all the prime time games and the 4:00 "game of the week" I get my NFL fix. Now if I lived out of market and had to get the Ticket to watch the Lions then I'd definitely pony up for that. 

Opening week should be good. We have Thursday night and Friday night games. Then all the games on Sunday until we have the Lions Sunday night. A long wait for the Lions...they better make it worth the wait. 😅