NFL Comments for 2024

14 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I'm guessing the 33rd Team will only be marginally successful, then Brady will join and it will be fantastic and everyone will consider Belichick the greatest analyst in NFL history.

Again... sorry... I'm just in a bad joke mood this morning I guess.

2 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

So I drafted Ja'Marr Chase in the first round of my fantasy league. On a scale of one to Le'Veon Bell how worried should I be? He wouldn't hold out and miss actual games, let alone the entire season. Right? RIIIGGGHHHGTTT???

Hang onto him until he's playing. I do that with great players who may be out a few weeks. Dummies shy away from them but that's what the bench is for, IMO.

2 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

So I drafted Ja'Marr Chase in the first round of my fantasy league. On a scale of one to Le'Veon Bell how worried should I be? He wouldn't hold out and miss actual games, let alone the entire season. Right? RIIIGGGHHHGTTT???

And speaking of FF, this guy has the #1 ranking at his position;

Screenshot_20240904_135612_Fantasy.thumb.jpg.e9fb26bd113d01f8ea4fc1aaf450519d.jpg

3 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

He practiced today.

1 hour ago, RedRamage said:

I totally missed this when it was announced but apparently the NFL is allowing players to wear the soft shell guardian helmet "wraps" in ga me this year.

https://news.sportslogos.net/2024/04/28/nfl-will-allow-players-to-wear-guardian-caps-in-games/football/

image.png.0e857ab55c83e7a6c6d8bf12c6e0fdc2.png

Nobody wore them in the first game. 

This is going to be one of those things where guys don't want to look soft - so they won't wear them at first. 

Remember - in the NHL there was resistance to wearing helmets at first.    

I don't think we can even call it a game of inches anymore. I think it's the right call that he was out of bounds but my goodness... that's a fraction of a inch over the line there. This is like if the dude is ONE shoe size smaller he's inbounds. Wow.

image.png.bd8ee5b3f41b9469e9a2de2cccbead43.png

13 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Let me get this straight. Jameson William gets suspended for multiple games due to placing a non-football bet in an unapproved facility. Josh Gordon smoked a doobie and did no other harm to anyone that we know of and gets suspend for a season. But Rashee Rice can allegedly injure people due to street racing with his friends, allegedly commit a felony offence, and still play?

(Responding here instead of in the Lions-Rams game thread)

I hadn't heard anything on this so I had to look it up. Holy crap, how is this not getting more attention? From wikipeida:

On March 30, 2024, Rice was the driver of a Lamborghini Urus involved in a high-speed hit and run crash on North Central Expressway in Dallas, while racing another driver in a Chevrolet Corvette. Four other vehicles were damaged in what Dallas police called a "chain reaction collision" after the Lamborghini struck a retaining wall. Video obtained by The Dallas Morning News shows five men disembarking from the Urus and the Corvette and leaving the scene on foot without checking on the occupants of the other four vehicles. Two of those occupants were transported to a hospital, and two others were treated for minor injuries at the scene.

I mean you've got street racing, not the worst offense ever... but then it does get worse because there's a crash involving innocent people. And then to top it off they leave the scene without even checking on the other people. And yes, the case is still pending, but there's really no question here that Rice was involved. He's even admitted as much (again from wikipedia):

On April 3, Rice met with Dallas police, and in a statement sent to the Morning News, he said that he takes "full responsibility" for his part in the collision.

There's no way this shouldn't be something the NFL looks at and says it's unacceptable behavior. I know it's not fully apples to apples here, but Sutton got an 8 game suspension for his domestic assault. The biggest difference being that he INTENDED to harm the woman where as Rice didn't INTEND to hurt others. But the end result is Rice did a dumb, illegal thing that led to people getting hurt AND afterwards he walked from the scene. How is that not even worth 1 game suspension??

I will add for the record, it seems like Rice is handling this correct now. He's admitted his involvement. He appears to have cooperated fully with police. He willingly turned himself in when a warrant was issued for this arrest. Since the accident he's done the right things from what I can see. Hopefully this is a good life lesson for him that will be expensive for him, but ultimately doesn't appear to have causes serious injury (or death) to anyone.

It's not his fault that the NFL hasn't decided to suspend him and he certainly shouldn't feel some obligation to self-suspend himself.