NFL Comments for 2024

26 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

This is ****ing ridiculous, there's been a flag on seemingly every other play. Flags are killing what would otherwise be a good game. 

Agreed. Horrible defenses from both teams. And unforced errors by both offenses. Love was inaccurate on several passes. Green Bay better hope he's not hurt and isn't inaccurate going forward. Philly didn't impress...

I don't like the Packers one bit, but I don't wish any of their players ill will at all. I hope it's nothing serious for Jordan Love and that he's not out for the entire season or an extended amount of time. I want to play Green Bay at their very best, so it's unfortunate to see Love potentially sustain a serious injury like this.

Seeing a lot of blame for poor field conditions in Brazil for Love’s injury. That feels like blaming the stairs after you fall down them with your legs tied together.

Not saying the turf was ideal, but the dude was hit high and low on the leg (legally) and his knee popped. I’m not sure how that’s prevented by better surface.

10 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

CJGJ just got cooked. 

I was just thinking of him yesterday. One of my least favorite player from this era of Lions football. Maybe second only to Cam Sutton.

Mouth wrote checks his talent couldn’t cash, was healthy for only like three games, and he still managed to lead the ski mask debacle. 

Jordan Love will be fine.  He will rehab and will probably get back to the same level.  If not, he has $100M in guaranteed money on the contract that he got after only 1 season as a starter. 

The Packers on the other hand are totally ****ed and I absolutely love it.   It’s a huge benefit for the Lions if he’s out for the year.  

**** the Packers! 

Edited by Hongbit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I was just thinking of him yesterday. One of my least favorite player from this era of Lions football. Maybe second only to Cam Sutton.

Mouth wrote checks his talent couldn’t cash, was healthy for only like three games, and he still managed to lead the ski mask debacle. 

Wow... yeah, that's a tough call there. I suppose it depends on how you're classifying your dislike. Dislike of the player or dislike of the person? If you're talking the person it's hard to argue that Sutton isn't the worst given the alleged incident with his woman.

But just as a player, CJGJ get it for the reasons you listed here.

I actually watched most of this game and I wasn't overtly impressed with either team, which is good for the Lions has both these teams were considered contenders. GB lost despite a fumble and 2 INTs from the Eagles. As for Philly? Hurts seems to be still making poor decisions. So this is a pretty much a best case senario for the Lions... GB loses, both teams look questionable.

Having said that... this is the first game of the year and I expect to see some rusty players. I expect we'll see from rust from the Lions as well so I don't want to put TOO much emphasis on one game of lackluster play.

As for Jordon Love: I don't wish ill-will on any individual, but I also am not going to be upset if this give the Lions an advantage this season. I'm quite sure no team out there was upset that the Lions secondary was a MASH unit last season. I doubt any other team's fan said: "I just wish the Lions didn't have so many CB injuries so that we faced an even better team."

Well... maybe the Raven's fans did.

• Like 2