NFL Comments for 2024

28 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Sloppy field, sloppy game. Not a great showing from Sao Paolo, but at least nobody got, I don’t know, like shot in the chest or anything like that. 

Oh, for sure the field wasn't great and it definitely was a factor. But it wasn't the only factor.

Love apparently has an MCL strain and is expected to miss 3-4 weeks. The Packers have the Colts, Titans, Vikings and Rams the next 4 so not a tough stretch by any means(particularly if he is back by the Rams) but if they were to lose 2-3 of those games that would be tough for them since I'm sure going into the season they were expecting to go atleast 3-1 in that stretch. 

16 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Love apparently has an MCL strain and is expected to miss 3-4 weeks. The Packers have the Colts, Titans, Vikings and Rams the next 4 so not a tough stretch by any means(particularly if he is back by the Rams) but if they were to lose 2-3 of those games that would be tough for them since I'm sure going into the season they were expecting to go atleast 3-1 in that stretch. 

Colts and Rams are both good to very good. I think the Packers hope would have been to go 3-1 in that stretch. Would be nice to see them go 1-3, but I'd take 2-2. Particularly if the Lions can start 4-1, it'd be nice to get out to an early 2-3 game lead on the division.

Chickens before they hatch and all that though.

1 minute ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Colts and Rams are both good to very good. I think the Packers hope would have been to go 3-1 in that stretch. Would be nice to see them go 1-3, but I'd take 2-2. Particularly if the Lions can start 4-1, it'd be nice to get out to an early 2-3 game lead on the division.

Chickens before they hatch and all that though.

Yeah I probably was underrating the Colts cause even with Love that would be a tough game. I do often wonder though if you are hit with a major injury is it better to have them against elite teams or run of the mill average teams? The reason being that yes against the elite teams you probably need your best players to beat them but if you end up losing it doesn't sting as much since you probably we're going to lose anyway.

OTOH against the inferior teams you may not need all your guys but by missing them it gives that team a better chance to upset you which would hurt alot more than losing to a superior team. 

41 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I read 3-6 weeks. And even when he makes it back, he won't be effective right away. He has problems with his accuracy yesterdat so playing hurt/rusty may cause him to play even worse. But at least he escaped a very serious injury, it didn't look good...

Carolina traded all that draft capital for a QB who looks shook and awful. Now, because they traded all those draft picks they have no ability to put high end talent around him either. Carolina is going to be the worst team in the league again and David Tepper may be the worst owner in the NFL now that Martha isn't running the Lions and Dan Snyder is gone in Washington.

Who gets the #1 pick  NY Giants or Carolina?   Geez they were both retched today

And,   Has Cincinnati's window already closed?     Were they all that good to begin with?   Did they just ride a wave of Burrow for a time and the wave has crested.  

And I can't believe what a letdown the Lions were tonight.    (Oh wait, I wasn't supposed to spoil that). 

17 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Watson is terrible, downright terrible. He looks like one of the worst QBs in the league right now. 

I was just coming here to say the same thing.  He is BRUTALLY bad.    Worst trade since Hershel Walker.    He's almost as bad at QB as he is at being a human being.

Wow,  Cowboys **** up a 66 yard field goal with a STUPID penalty. 

Going for a 71 yard FG now ! 

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I was just coming here to say the same thing.  He is BRUTALLY bad.    Worst trade since Hershel Walker.    He's almost as bad at QB as he is at being a human being.

Wow,  Cowboys **** up a 66 yard field goal with a STUPID penalty.

Going for a 71 yard FG now !

This is going to be an all time terrible trade by the Browns, right up there with the Walker trade. The guy doesn't have the mental part of the game down. He looks completely lost out there. 

• Thanks 1

Impressions of Week 1

Either the Saints are much better than I thought or the Panthers are even worse. 

The Bengals window may already be closed - that was very unimpressive

Anthony Richardson is going to be an uneven player but a highlight reel - if he says healthy

The Honeymoon is over for Brian Daboll. 

The Chargers already proving what a horrible coach Staley was

The Browns are stuck with DeShawn Watson.  This is what you get when you sell your soul for a scumbag.