7/24/24 6:40PM Tigers @ Guardians

2 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I only just now checked in, but has this umpire been generous to the pitchers all night or does he just hate the tigers? 

I think it’s been a slightly generous zone for both teams.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Irresponsible to not PH for Baez. Any other ML manager would not have let him go to the plate in that situation.

Rogers, Ibanez, Madris, Malloy?  I’d probably go with Malloy there.  But it’s Clase on the bump.  It’s tough no matter what.

2 minutes ago, monkeytargets39 said:

At this point I trust Skubal to put together a better AB than what Baez will give us

Baez's OPS+ is typical of what your average pitcher used to put up pre DH era. Some were worse, some were better. But playing Baez is like giving up your DH. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, monkeytargets39 said:

I’m gonna be really frustrated if we trade one of our two top pitchers and don’t address SS with the return.

We only have 3 healthy starting pitchers with little to no help in the minors. It would be irresponsible to trade a SP without any plan to replace him. 3 BP days every 5 days? Stretch out a RP? It's madness!

Screenshot_20240724_211058_DuckDuckGo.jpg.b06c80606b1d153601f5c97c8e645ebd.jpg

20 minutes ago, casimir said:

Baez is a heckuva base runner.  I don’t know how that helps him get on base to begin with, though.

The question is...IF the Tigers find a SS in the trade market, are they willing to eat Javy's contract and DFA him?