7/26/24 6:40PM Twins @ Tigers

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

25 minutes ago, 1776 said:

You really do have to wonder about Riley’s durability going forward regarding his wheels. 

I'm getting concerned about the of string of hamstrings. It's sounding like something needs to be addressed in conditioning/strength/flexibility work.

4 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I'm getting concerned about the of string of hamstrings. It's sounding like something needs to be addressed in conditioning/strength/flexibility work.

Someone on mlbtraderumours mentioned his stride as a potential concern. Like he's running on tip toes to compensate for something.

8 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

Someone on mlbtraderumours mentioned his stride as a potential concern. Like he's running on tip toes to compensate for something.

Riley is definitely a forefoot runner, though I've never heard anything to the effect that made you more susceptible to hamstrings. OTOH, being a forefoot runner is something that I've heard at least one Tiger analyst (it was either Scales or Maybin) say that reduces the chance of a bouncing head making you lose a fly balls at the end of long run. Back in the day I was a forefoot runner and I can say I never had a problem losing fly balls at the end of a long run so it made sense to me.....:classic_wink:

Edited by gehringer_2

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

Riley is definitely a forefoot runner, though I've never heard anything to the effect that made you more susceptible to hamstrings. OTOH, being a forefoot runner is something that I've heard at least one Tiger analyst (it was either Scales or Maybin) say that reduces the chance of a bouncing head making you lose a fly balls at the end of long run. Back in the day I was a forefoot runner and I can say I never had a problem losing fly balls at the end of a long run so it made sense to me.....:classic_wink:

Gibby has mentioned that too.

39 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

This game is beginning at 5:40 PM Central. That seems totally bizarre to me. Is everybody’s Mom in Minneapolis-St. Paul sending them to bed early for some reason? 

The game is in Detroit Bertalicious.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

This game is beginning at 5:40 PM Central. That seems totally bizarre to me. Is everybody’s Mom in Minneapolis-St. Paul sending them to bed early for some reason? 

They do the 6:40 home starts on Friday.  They offer happy hour drink specials hoping the young professionals start their weekend of binge drinking at the ballpark.