7/28/24 1:40PM Twins @ Tigers

Do we know what were the pitches Javy hit for these three homers? He has always been streaky, so maybe he’s just in a groove. I was wondering if he was guessing/hunting and can now maybe keep it going for awhile. Laying off low and outside sliders is key, of course.

1 hour ago, Dan Gilmore said:

Do we know what were the pitches Javy hit for these three homers? He has always been streaky, so maybe he’s just in a groove. I was wondering if he was guessing/hunting and can now maybe keep it going for awhile. Laying off low and outside sliders is key, of course.

I believe a hanging slider middle in, a curveball on the outside part of the plate and a fastball inside. All in the strike zone.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CaliforniaDreaming said:

Their mistake is throwing him anything in the zone. There is no need to do so.

They were trying to throw him sliders outside and I don't remember him flailing at one like he normally does. Maybe he made an adjustment this week. We'll see how long it lasts. Even three homers in three days didn't do much for his production this month.

What exactly is the plan with Maeda?  Despite two weeks worth of multiple bullpen days in the rotation, he’s only pitched twice since July 9th.

If he’s so bad that we aren’t even gonna use him in the bullpen games at all, then just release him or phantom injury him.  

1 minute ago, Sports_Freak said:

Spider bite? Talking about one of my main phobias. The guys knee swelled up the size of a softball....something else to keep me awake at 3 AM!

A rat done bit my sister Nell.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, monkeytargets39 said:

What exactly is the plan with Maeda?  Despite two weeks worth of multiple bullpen days in the rotation, he’s only pitched twice since July 9th.

If he’s so bad that we aren’t even gonna use him in the bullpen games at all, then just release him or phantom injury him.  

Speak of the devil, he's warming up.