7/28/24 1:40PM Twins @ Tigers

This is exactly the plan for Mazda: the bulk of innings in bullpen games, until he is consistent enough to work his way into the rotation. On some of his days off he’s working with coaches on tweaking some things. I suspect it will be like this for a few more weeks.

3 minutes ago, chasfh said:

This is exactly the plan for Mazda: the bulk of innings in bullpen games, until he is consistent enough to work his way into the rotation. On some of his days off he’s working with coaches on tweaking some things. I suspect it will b e like this for a few more weeks.

Not if they trade Flaherty. Maeda will be back in the rotation unless we want to see bullpen days 3 times thru the rotation.

4 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Not if they trade Flaherty. Maeda will be back in the rotation unless we want to see bullpen days 3 times thru the rotation.

I don’t know, you might be right, but they might also force up someone from Toledo to take a road action slot. Or else they take a shot on someone who’s still not signed after last year (is Vince Velasquez available?), or pick up some DFA guy off the wire. One thing we know for sure is that they will not promote Jackson Jobe.

Just now, chasfh said:

Well Vilade couldnt save Maeda on that second rip to left. Looks like he might be turning into a pumpkin now. Maybe he can gut his way to a couple more outs, including Santana. 

Which he did. Five innings, one run for Maeda. Pretty good outing. But he’s definitely done now and Shelby Miller is next man up.

• Like 1

I hate that we are getting to the point when we have seen the last of divisional rivals. That means we are getting late into the season and before you know it it'll be snowing and we'll be stuck watching the Pistons. 😢

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I see Keith went 0-4 which sucks but he again didn't have a strikeout which is nice to see. Only had 1 all week in fact which is impressive in this day and age especially for a power hitter like him. He's going to be real special at the plate if he continues to put the ball in play as much as he has. 

6 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I see Keith went 0-4 which sucks but he again didn't have a strikeout which is nice to see. Only had 1 all week in fact which is impressive in this day and age especially for a power hitter like him. He's going to be real special at the plate if he continues to put the ball in play as much as he has. 

you hear people talk about quick bats, but Keith is absolutely lightning on inside pitches. 250 PA is still a pretty short run, but man there is a lot of promise being shown.

26 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

At least we avoided the ignominious humiliation of being no hit. “Always look on the bright side of life, da da, da da da da da da…” — Life of Brian

This was, perhaps, the most boring game of the season. Just...flat.

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

This was, perhaps, the most boring game of the season. Just...flat.

I’m glad I missed it. At least Maeda pitched well against a good team. If anything is going to happen it needs to happen soon. [EDIT] I only just now saw the thing about Kelly that happened to half an hour ago. I guess that’s “something.” 

13 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I’m glad I missed it. At least Maeda pitched well against a good team. If anything is going to happen it needs to happen soon. [EDIT] I only just now saw the thing about Kelly that happened to half an hour ago. I guess that’s “something.” 

I think the trade was made more to clear a spot for Dingler than anything else.

Just now, Sports_Freak said:

I think the trade was made more to clear a spot for Dingler than anything else.

I can believe that, but a good FO shouldn't squander even marginal roster value. That's a failing that has ailed the Tigers since DD. But who knows, you have to assume they think they see something in one of these guys they can work with/on that will make them look good in a year or two...