7/30/24 1:10PM Guardians @ Tigers

1 hour ago, oblong said:

Why is this a day game?

Don't the Tigers schedule day games for the last game of the series by default?  This one seems odd because both teams are off tomorrow and at home on Thursday.

Edited by casimir

3 minutes ago, casimir said:

Don't the Tigers schedule day games for the last game of the series by default?  This one seems odd because both teams are off tomorrow and at home on Thursday.

Didn't realize tomorrow was an off day.  Yeah they traditionally do day games on getaway.  

2 hours ago, tiger2022 said:

I have always wondered why the Tigers have so many day games.  It seems like the aren't doing any fans a favor.  

Not doing the players any favors, either. I’m maybe 80% certain that the Tigers have more home day games than any other team.

35 minutes ago, kdog said:

This iteration of the offense has almost no chance.

Remember the stretch last year when Carp, Tork and Greene were all clicking?  It was brief, but made you feel like there was something to it. Now all three are out of the lineup.  Our entire starting outfield is on the DL and our 1B is in the minors.  It’s amazing we’ve hovered around .500 as long as we have.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tiger2022 said:

Ramirez padding his Hall of Fame resume again tonight.  Yikes.

he has 24 total bases with the bat so far in the last 2 series against the Tigers - against 2 BB. If you don't know how to get a guy out, stop worrying about walking him.

August and September is going to be a nightmare on the sales department at Comerica if this continues. If you end 2024 with games like this, it's going to be rough on everyone. They need guys back as soon as possible.

4 minutes ago, kdog said:

August and September is going to be a nightmare on the sales department at Comerica if this continues. If you end 2024 with games like this, it's going to be rough on everyone. They need guys back as soon as possible.

That may be inevitable if Flaherty goes today. Say anything you want about the long term value,  but short term the odds are very high team morale goes in the tank and they stumble/bumble their way to Oct like they did in 17'  after they cleaned house.

8 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

That may be inevitable if Flaherty goes today. Say anything you want about the long term value,  but short term the odds are very high team morale goes in the tank and they stumble/bumble their way to Oct like they did in 17'  after they cleaned house.

I just care about the hitters. The pitching attrition is baked into how I view the rest of the season. 

I checked my Regal Cinema app this morning and realized I could go see ‘Deadpool & Wolverine’ for the third time for only 53¢ because my monthly subscription fee covers the rest of it. I didn’t even think of a possible conflict with this game because I’ve somehow accepted that we’ve seen the best this team can offer already this year. I certainly had a lot more fun at the theater than I would’ve following this game.