2024 - 2025 Detroit Tigers Offseason

19 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/bally-sports-parent-company-fanduel-partner-regional-sports-networks-rebrand?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR0kgLPT1lbVg7oB_n38kHW3fXVUiWyvCjgdh5gDVqAgyUAu6WKc8LX2Q3c_aem_51u_xD0V8axohExIiJ-IQg

yes, there will be Detroit baseball on TV this coming year. FanDuel Sports Network Detroit. [I guess this is old news, but I only just now found out about it]

I think they only have deals with Atlanta and Miami so far.

18 hours ago, Edman85 said:

I'd be more inclined to subscribe to MLBTR if they calculated Baddoo and Lange's service time right 😄

Somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but attention to detail is important.

How about you contact them to tell them what you perceive as being the problem and then offer to help them solve it? I’m being totally serious. They most probably won’t accept, but you never know if you never try. The worst outcome is, you spend a few minutes crafting an email for naught.

14 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/bally-sports-parent-company-fanduel-partner-regional-sports-networks-rebrand?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR0kgLPT1lbVg7oB_n38kHW3fXVUiWyvCjgdh5gDVqAgyUAu6WKc8LX2Q3c_aem_51u_xD0V8axohExIiJ-IQg

yes, there will be Detroit baseball on TV this coming year. FanDuel Sports Network Detroit. [I guess this is old news, but I only just now found out about it]

I was excited by the idea that MLB would run the broadcasts with the same nice, clean, look and lack of sketchy corporate flair that they run Arizona’s and San Diego’s and a few others, but, incredibly, an actual worse outcome than just remaining Bally’s was chosen instead.

Edited by chasfh

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

How about you contact them to tell them what you perceive as being the problem and then offer to help them solve it? I’m being totally serious. They most probably won’t accept, but you never know if you never try. The worst outcome is, you spend a few minutes crafting an email for naught.

I have. Deaf ears. Jason Martinez, roster resource, got back and fixed the fangraphs page after he confirmed they were under 3.

• Like 1

Mark Simon thinks Riley might get a Fielding Bible Award this offseason.

image.png.a574d71f5f0dcef1fa87578cc66277f1.png

Left Field

Fielding Bible Award Favorite: Riley Greene (14) 

NL Gold Glove Favorite: Ian Happ (8)

AL Gold Glove Favorite: Greene

Fielding Bible Award Top Contenders: Wyatt Langford (12), Steven Kwan (10), Brandon Marsh (7)

Greene, who moved to left field with the emergence of Parker Meadows, starred there, finishing second at the position in the range component of Defensive Runs Saved and boosted his total with 3 home run robberies.

Wyatt Langford, who won September's co-Defensive Player of the Month, two-time Fielding Bible Award winner Kwan, and two-time Gold Glove winner Happ should be his toughest competition, as each has a formidable resume as well. 

Spoiler alert (you’ve been warned)

Tigers free agent signings will be:

1B/DH Paul Goldschmidt ($14M/1 yr)

OF Tyler O’Neill ($34M/2 yr)

SP Jack Flaherty ($88M/4 yrs)

RP Pierce Johnson ($14M/2yrs)

If you ask nicely, I’ll tell you what the trades will be.

Edited by Tenacious D

38 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Spoiler alert (you’ve been warned)

Tigers free agent signings will be:

1B/DH Paul Goldschmidt ($14M/1 yr)

OF Tyler O’Neill ($34M/2 yr)

SP Jack Flaherty ($88M/4 yrs)

RP Pierce Johnson ($14M/2yrs)

If you ask nicely, I’ll tell you what the trades will be.

Yuck! Goldy and O'Neill are the exact opposite of what this team needs. 332 combined Ks last year. We have enough of that, thanks.