8/2/24 6:40PM Tigers @ Royals

The Tigers have been on Apple TV a surprising number of times this season. After all, we’re small market team with a tiny payroll thanks to the Illich children who have destroyed what their father bequeathed them. 
IMG_3733.jpeg.b2c57be5e74b9dbdd6157aae5f449eeb.jpeg

We finally really did it. [falls to his knees screaming] YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! AH, DAMN YOU! GOD DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!! "

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

The Tigers have been on Apple TV a surprising number of times this season. After all, we’re small market team with a tiny payroll thanks to the Illich children who have destroyed what their father bequeathed them. 

We finally really did it. [falls to his knees screaming] YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! AH, DAMN YOU! GOD DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!! "

The tiger coming out of the water there is some of your finest work.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Sorry, I did not check that you are right. The one shining reason to watch the Tigers when Skubal pitches and it PPV...................

That stinks. Apple may offer a free trial but trying to cancel it before it's up is very difficult. Yeah, been there, done that.

MLB is doing everything it can to turn fans away. Spending money on their product and still not being able to watch a favorite team isn't the best business model.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

That stinks. Apple may offer a free trial but trying to cancel it before it's up is very difficult. Yeah, been there, done that.

MLB is doing everything it can to turn fans away. Spending money on their product and still not being able to watch a favorite team isn't the best business model.

I hadn’t subscribed to MLB TV in yeeears. I picked it up about a month ago to see what I’ve been missing. I won’t re-up next year. The audio was more than adequate. More so now that C-Mo is out.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 1776 said:

I hadn’t subscribed to MLB TV in yeeears. I picked it up about a month ago to see what I’ve been missing. I won’t re-up next year. The audio was more than adequate. More so now that C-Mo is out.

Yeah, I signed up this year for the first time in years too. But I won't sign back up next year. I'm even thinking of dropping Bally until hockey season starts. If the Tigers had even one player besides Skubal....

4 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

Awesome.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

♫ I hate every ape I see, from chimpan-a to chimpanzee.  No you'll never make a monkey out of me. ♫

• Like 1

6 hours ago, casimir said:

The tiger coming out of the water there is some of your finest work.

Unfortunately, I won’t be doing this anymore. The app I have used for 7 or 8 years jumped from $30 a year to $80 a year with no real upgrades and aside from that pissing me off, I think the several hours a day I spend fiddling around with images could be better spent.  

3 hours ago, 1776 said:

MLB TV is pretty good.  The only thing I don't like is the bombardment of gambling commercials.  I don't know if it's the same elsewhere. 

5 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

MLB TV is pretty good.  The only thing I don't like is the bombardment of gambling commercials.  I don't know if it's the same elsewhere. 

I get sentimental and wistful about the “early days“ of MLB.TV when they didn’t have much advertising and had to run the same two ED commercials over and over again. 

• Haha 1

That lineup tonight is not exactly “murderers row.“ These last two months are not for the weak of heart. 

That said, it’s still really really bugs me that the Kansas City Royals, who are truly a small market team and not a small market team by fiat of ownership, can field a more successful club than we can (regardless of how much this is a attributable to them committing genocide against the White Sox this year).