8/2/24 6:40PM Tigers @ Royals

Skubal not sharp. 

something about Dickerson which I find an irritating bit of homerism is how at times when a Tiger is not performing particularly up to expectation (like Skubal right now) he starts quoting all kind of stats about how good he has been, as though the fact that Skubal's low ERA coming into the game was magically going to take KC runs off the board. I don't know if he thinks that make the listener feel better about things or something - at any rate I don't get it, and to me it just accentuates that things aren't going well.

2 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Are the City Connect jerseys now a more or less regular thing? I'd hate if I went to just one or two games a year to get stuck with them instead of the classic whites with the olde English D.

I think they’re definitely a Friday night thing at a minimum. Not sure beyond that.

6 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

And that can work both ways unfortunately I guess we’ll just see

Miller blows again. Loses his first batter after 0-2, gets ambushed by the 2nd. Then give up a steal and a WP.

Shelby is really hard to like.

Edited by gehringer_2