8/4/24 1:40PM Royals @ Tigers

Just now, MeanJim said:

Putting Shelby Miller in with a 2 run lead in the 9th means you don't care if you win. Leaving him in the game after throwing 5 absolute meatballs right down the middle means you want to lose. 

Agreed, that hot sack of flaming porch poop in a bag is as much Hinch's fault as Miller's

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

The Detroit Tigers  "Just wait two more years"  for 6 years now.  

Gonna be worse next year. And if those kids, that everyone seems to be counting on, flame out? It's gonna be a poor 5 to 7 more years.

Edited by Sports_Freak

I've accepted the recent losses as it is what it is with this team at this point...but there's certain inflection point, imo preventable, losses that bring my ire and stick in my craw...this was one of 'em.  Miller should have been on a short leash, then pulled after the first two guys got on (shouldnt even be on the roster, but I digress)...it was obvious to everyone in the universe he was ripe for a meltdown the way he was throwing, but apprently it wasnt obvious to AJ.

6 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Gonna be worse next year. And if those kids, that everyone seems to be counting on, flame out? It's gonna be a poor 5 to 7 more years.

Be fair, we're only in year 7 of a 4-year rebuild. 

It'll be fun watching Washington, Colorado and the Sacramento A's pass us next year like the Royals and Pirates did this year.     Can't wait for that.    

1 minute ago, Dtrain72 said:

I've accepted the recent losses as it is what it is with this team at this point...but there's certain inflection point, imo preventable, losses that bring my ire and stick in my craw...this was one of 'em.  Miller should have been on a short leash, then pulled after the first two guys got on (shouldnt even be on the roster, but I digress)...it was obvious to everyone in the universe he was ripe for a meltdown the way he was throwing, but apprently it wasnt obvious to AJ.

He's done it multiple times this year. Not sure what Hinch is thinking.

• Like 2

Thankfully, the Tigers manager is the smartest guy in the league.  While normal managers wouldn't dare use Miller in that situation, Hinch once again proves that he is playing 3d star trek chess while everyone else is playing Shoots and Ladders.  

Thankfully we have him at the helm.

Edited by tiger2022

30 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

He's done it multiple times this year. Not sure what Hinch is thinking.

Take away the cheating garbage can Astros and Hinch's career mark is 363-448.  

I would say it is likely that he has no clue how to manage a game of baseball.

Even in Houston he lost the locker room when the players didn't respect him enough to stop cheating when he "claims" he tried to stop them.  Or he lied about trying to stop them.  Either way, we can look back at the days of Brad Ausmus as the good ole days.

1 hour ago, papalawrence said:

On a positive note, Hurter looked good. Toledo stats were not good, but prior stops were decent

Hurters seems to be a split personality guy, great outing, then he gets bombed - then a great outing...

2 hours ago, papalawrence said:

On a positive note, Hurter looked good. Toledo stats were not good, but prior stops were decent

Remember - Manning had an ERA north of 8 at Toledo when the Tigers called him up the first time and he was fine.    They might have had him working on something in the minors, but then we he gets here they just tell him to stick to his best.  

• Like 1