Harris’s VP will be [. ], because ——-

smr-nj

Walz                        Beshear

Kelly                       Pritzker 

Shapiro                  Raimondo

Buttigieg                Franken 

SOMEONE  ELSE

Lean Walz at this point... Shapiro makes it a difficult decision because of where he governs and how important the Commonwealth is to the Electoral College. But my sense is that on a personal level, Walz vibes better with Harris. And the personal relationship aspect matters a lot as well.

Also think the framing around I/P issue is really unfair to Shapiro... At the end of the day, he and Walz are really close on policy.

So, that would make Penny Flanagan the new Minnesota governor… a friend told me that she is a Native American, not sure which tribe …. But that would make her the first Native American governor!

• Like 4

Re:Peggy Flanagan:

The White Earth Band of the Minnesota Chippewa Tribe,[1] also called the White Earth Nation (Ojibwe: Gaa-waabaabiganikaag Anishinaabeg, lit. "People from where there is an abundance of white clay"), is a federally recognized Native American band in northwestern Minnesota. 

• Like 1

I really like Tim Walz, have liked him long before this process... But I do sort of have a bad taste in my mouth that the process that led to him being picked led to a lot of impugning of Josh Shapiro and his faith.

People can skewer me for that, but that's how I feel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like it. Don't try to be too clever, just pick a good guy.

One of the things Walz said during his podcast with Ezra Klein was that as a political leader, you should have an agenda of what you want to do, and if you get it done, you should move on. Not something you hear very often. Now who knows, maybe that's a well practiced line, but it still highlights that he brings some different rhetorical ideas as a campaigner.

Random observation, but I've already seen "party of the workin' man" supporters online talk disparagingly on Walz' educational background (Chadron State University, Minnesota State)...

Second ticket in a row for Ds with no Ivy's represented... Cannot say the same for the GOP

Edited by mtutiger

13 minutes ago, pfife said:

image.thumb.png.f6855cda73acc376ef17bf9fd93c5d0f.png

I've seen this contrasted with Gov Suckabee Handers who had kids around her when she signed a law allowing them to work longer.... they looked like they were sold into slavery.

• Like 1

Just now, oblong said:

I've seen this contrasted with Gov Suckabee Handers who had kids around her when she signed a law allowing them to work longer.... they looked like they were sold into slavery.

Wasn’t that an awful optic?  Yikes. 😳 

btw…
She’s a fiend.

• Like 1