Harris’s VP will be [. ], because ——-

smr-nj

42 minutes ago, oblong said:

so back on the subject...

This will do a lot to get rid of the 'weird' talk, won't it?

That is soooo GOP, no?  
And, yeah, not going to be a great talking point with women.

1 minute ago, smr-nj said:

That is soooo GOP, no?  
And, yeah, not going to be a great talking point with women.

if someone close to the campaign says it, then I think tampons wil become a useful prop.

So far it just seems like a twitter thing.  As usual on that site whenever I see something is trending, I click on it, and its just a bunch of tweets talking about the fact its trending but I don't see the sources.

So I guess I can't get on them... yet.  But it certainly sounds like something that side says.

• Like 1

this is a repeat of everyone falling in line behind Harris; everyone is now falling in line behind Walz

Good Vibes for 91 Days!

Can vibes win an election? I wish that was not the case, and that we could discuss substantive issues, but I don't think most Americans want that at all.

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

This reminds me, wasn’t Tony Dungy who said that the state of Minnesota was putting litter boxes in school bathrooms for kids who identified as cats?

That was just for all the miserable women.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

this is a repeat of everyone falling in line behind Harris; everyone is now falling in line behind Walz

Good Vibes for 91 Days!

Can vibes win an election? I wish that was not the case, and that we could discuss substantive issues, but I don't think most Americans want that at all.

There is something to just running on a 'trust me' campaign *if* you think your candidate can connect at that level. If you can persuade the electorate you care about them you do not need to be as specific on policy. But it's tricky. I did not agree with R Reagan's politics on almost any issue, but I still trusted his instincts on the international stage and even domestically to do what needed to be done when it had to be. As an example, in spite of his tax-cutting mantra, Reagan did start raising taxes when he saw how badly the deficit had ballooned under his original program. And he made mid-course corrections on some environmental issues once the facts got through to him. So I still 'trusted' him in a way I didn't trust Carter, whose heart I knew was always in the right place but whose policies were mostly feckless or ill-conceived and who was often too captive to his beltway consultants in ways that were not authentic to who he was. Reagan absolutely did start a movement in the wrong direction on economics in the US - but the difference was that Reagan believed conservative policies could help the poor and if he had lived long enough to see they didn't, I think he would have changed course again, as he did to become a Republican in the 1st place. He was not like this generation that just wants to punish people for the circumstance of their birth. That's why people voted for him then, when today we look back and say they were voting against their own interests.

Edited by gehringer_2

50 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

It's amazing how often you see the top-left type post these days....

"Hey, get a load of those freaks!

[insert picture of normal looking family]"

Edited by mtutiger

2 hours ago, oblong said:

so back on the subject...

This will do a lot to get rid of the 'weird' talk, won't it?

A couple of years ago, I heard about the push for free tampons in school bathrooms.  As a male, it was something I had never thought about until reading about it.  As soon as I read it, it made perfect sense that it was just as important as free bathroom tissue.  And then I heard about men complaining that it was woke.   

18 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

A couple of years ago, I heard about the push for free tampons in school bathrooms.  As a male, it was something I had never thought about until reading about it.  As soon as I read it, it made perfect sense that it was just as important as free bathroom tissue.  And then I heard about men complaining that it was woke.   

I remember that too.  And I kept thinking of trying to come up with a similar thing for men to be tax free and couldn’t.  There was ans maybe still is a push to make them tax free. 

23 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

He also pushed for free meals to children in schools. It's better for society than just using that money for tax breaks for the ultra-wealthy. It shows the difference in the priorities in both parties.

40 minutes ago, oblong said:

I remember that too.  And I kept thinking of trying to come up with a similar thing for men to be tax free and couldn’t.  There was ans maybe still is a push to make them tax free. 

They already would be if women ran this ****.   

This Tampon Tim thing............All I gotta say about this angle is.......

"♫ Keep it comin, love,  keep it comin',  don't stop, don't stop it now, don't stop ♫ "

Keep alienating more women voters.  The voting block that will decide this election.  Just keep going.  I love it. 

I do find it ironic that Harris and Walz are considered the "Youth Movement".  They are about the same age as Barack Obama who served two terms and has been out of office 8 years.  Love the Harris/Walz ticket.  But I also think we have to learn our lesson. In 8 years, Whitmer will be 60. Many of the young up and comers won't still be.   It is amazing what the Democrats have pulled off in the past few weeks. I like the deep bench, but also not a bad idea to keep the farm system filled with actual young people.

• Like 1

60 is the new 50 though....

Obama and Clinton skewed things.  

Post WWII, here are the ages of Presidents at the start of their term.

62, 43, 55, 56, 61, 52, 69, 64, 46, 54, 47, 70, 78.

and to me, Nixon and Bush 43 were "old"... meaning they were culturally older than they were.  Someone said in 1960 election said Nixon was an old person's view of what young people should be.