Harris’s VP will be [. ], because ——-

smr-nj

On 8/9/2024 at 10:26 AM, oblong said:

It would take something extreme, like a Dem version of a Trump, to get me to go back.  I have changed my beliefs in a lot of ways because I realized a lot of the talking points were horse ****.  I'm pro choice all the way.  I think the rich can pay more taxes and be ok with it. I used to believe in "trickle down" but you have to take care of people at a minimum level.  I'm for gun control.   I'm also for a strong military and I don't get into the arguments like we should cut defense to spend on something else.  We can spend on both.  We should help take care of the world.

Basically I think it all came down to spending a lot of time on the right wing sites at the time and being in a bubble.  National Review, Instapundit, WSJ, etc.  I read that stuff all day long.  

I was more conservative in my 20s.  Once I started working in social services research I became more aware of the importance of social services and noticed that some services for people in need would get big cuts when Republicans were in power.  I didn't think this was at all offset by the sometimes slightly lower (almost unnoticeable) tax rates under Republicans.  Republicans were supposedly for lower spending and lowering the national debt but the debt kept soaring regardless of the party in power.  Retirement investments were supposed to do better under Republicans, but they didn't.  I initially bought into trickledown economics, but that didn't work either.  So, I came to the conclusion that Republicans were only helping the wealthy and guaranteeing that everybody had a right to carry deadly weapons.  So, I have became more and more liberal over the years.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

Paul McCartney famously was derided by John Lennon for "silly love songs"

And then he went out and wrote a song called "Silly Love Songs"...

Which is actually pretty good...

If you have a SO curled up in one's arms...

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

You know, the media hates Biden because Biden is boring.   Not even considering age here.   He's just boring.   No endless tirades.  When his son gets in trouble he accepts the verdict and says the justice system did it's job and where's the big headline there?       You're SUPPOSED to be boring as President.   Just like a good home plate umpire is one who's name you don't even know because you never had a reason to complain about him.     Eisenhower had a very good Presidency.  He was as boring as they come.  

And he started desegregation … after Truman desegregated the military 

Edited by romad1

3 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

You know, the media hates Biden because Biden is boring.   Not even considering age here.   He's just boring.   No endless tirades.  When his son gets in trouble he accepts the verdict and says the justice system did it's job and where's the big headline there?       You're SUPPOSED to be boring as President.   Just like a good home plate umpire is one who's name you don't even know because you never had a reason to complain about him.     Eisenhower had a very good Presidency.  He was as boring as they come.  

I agree Biden's act was played out. 

2 hours ago, romad1 said:

I agree Biden's act was played out. 

I don't think the act was played out, I think our media want sensationalism and Joe would have never ever been that - even if he was 20 years younger.     Harris, by being a Black woman going against a racist misogynist, is sensational.   They want reality TV, which isn't the least bit real. 

To quote Dream Bowie in Flight Of The Conchords

"Oh the media monkeys and the junket junkies will invite you to the plastic pantomime.......Throw their invites away"

Edited by Motor City Sonics
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I don't think the act was played out, I think our media want sensationalism and Joe would have never ever been that - even if he was 20 years younger.     Harris, by being a Black woman going against a racist misogynist, is sensational.   They want reality TV, which isn't the least bit real. 

To quote Dream Bowie in Flight Of The Conchords

"Oh the media monkeys and the junket junkies will invite you to the plastic pantomime.......Throw their invites away"

Huge fan of that episode.

image.thumb.jpeg.b1b97eef99dea983f28289666326f510.jpeg

BREAKING NEWS

Tim Walz is a transgender man who was born Tina Waller and Kamala Harris is a Santeria high priestess who casts spells on people, including Joe Biden  -- and the sophisticated A.I. that shows crowds at Harris/Waller rallies was developed by George Soros on his giant secret island in the South Pacific (the reason planes don't fly over the south Pacific, so people don't see the secret island) where all the COVID people who we were told "died" live in luxury.    And all the pictures of Trump and Epstein were photoshopped.   

Edited by Motor City Sonics