8/8/24 9:40PM Tigers @ Mariners

I feel sorry for the Mariners since they will have to deal with the humiliation of getting swept and losing to this lineup of rookies, the injured, and a permanently slumping overpaid veteran tonight.

They may even question the nature of the universe and their place in it when they drag themselves back to the locker room and drive home in $200,000 cars to their Instagram model girlfriends in Scandinavian themed glass and steel penthouses overlooking the fantastic skyline of Seattle and ask themselves if life has any meaning at all.

No, they won’t. They’ll suck it up and move onto tomorrow just like John Wick. Because that’s what men do. And they could beat the crap out of us, but I hope not. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I feel sorry for the Mariners since they will have to deal with the humiliation of getting swept and losing to this lineup of rookies, the injured, and a permanently slumping overpaid veteran tonight.

They may even question the nature of the universe and their place in it when they drag themselves back to the locker room and drive home in $200,000 cars to their Instagram model girlfriends in Scandinavian themed glass and steel penthouses overlooking the fantastic skyline of Seattle and ask themselves if life has any meaning at all.

No, they won’t. They’ll suck it up and move onto tomorrow just like John Wick. Because that’s what men do. And they could beat the crap out of us, but I hope not. 

5 rookies and one guy with only 200 plate appearances in MLB. They may not be the youngest lineup in MLB (although they might be) but this has to be least experienced lineup in the league (from 1-10). 

5 minutes ago, SeattleMike said:

5 rookies and one guy with only 200 plate appearances in MLB. They may not be the youngest lineup in MLB (although they might be) but this has to be least experienced lineup in the league (from 1-10). 

It’s not a lineup that should strike fear into any opposing team, but somehow they show up and play ball better than they probably should. Ask the Dodgers they could tell you this. 

1 hour ago, SeattleMike said:

Baez has over 4,600 PAs.  Vierling over 1,300.  McKinstry over 1,100.  Everyone else is easily under 500.  So the most experienced batter, the guy that has over half of the career PAs of the entire lineup combined, is hitting 9th.

11 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Remember her? 

IMG_3814.jpeg

I have a friend who is an awesome 50+ year old runner and she also completly ruptured her hamstring.  It's a really difficult injury from which to return.  I think it took a a couple months after surgery of being almost totally immobile and almost a year of rehab.  She made it back to her pre-injury level which is amazing at her age.  

• Like 2