8/9/24 10:15 Tigers @ Giants

ah, another old girlfriend we go up against.

Robbie Ray is like Kim Basinger.... came in hot, had some ups and downs, restarted again and won an Oscar.  There's drama there but damn it would have been fun to be on that ride with her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, casimir said:

Nice area.

Speaking of  nice area, Jimmy Price has been gone a year this week. And yes, it is a nice area.

The 2nd of the two Tiger fan trips this season is in SF this weekend for this series. The lodging on this trip is immediately across the street from Oracle Park, one of the best stays in San Fran. 
If you’ve never seen a game at Oracle, try to get there someday.  
The Tigers will face Ray, Webb, and Birdsong as currently listed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, monkeytargets39 said:

Say what you will, I miss Jim Price with DD.  Radio broadcasts aren’t the same without Severe Buggywhips, Yellowhammers and players batting thirrrrrrrrd

I have fond memories of Jim, but I think we’ve upgraded the radio booth.

5 minutes ago, 1776 said:

During Jim’s last year(s) on air, he wasn’t his best due to continuing health issues. He was much better when he had his energy and better health. 

You could tell that doing the games was a big part of what kept him going and fighting though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 1776 said:

Speaking of  nice area, Jimmy Price has been gone a year this week. And yes, it is a nice area.

The 2nd of the two Tiger fan trips this season is in SF this weekend for this series. The lodging on this trip is immediately across the street from Oracle Park, one of the best stays in San Fran. 
If you’ve never seen a game at Oracle, try to get there someday.  
The Tigers will face Ray, Webb, and Birdsong as currently listed. 

I just returned from a trip to the Bay area.  Drove across the Golden Gate bridge everyday to our VRBO in Mill Valley.  Spendy, but very nice places to visit.  Wish I had seen it earlier in my life.  

24 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I just returned from a trip to the Bay area.  Drove across the Golden Gate bridge everyday to our VRBO in Mill Valley.  Spendy, but very nice places to visit.  Wish I had seen it earlier in my life.  

Near Tiburon?  Great area

11 hours ago, monkeytargets39 said:

Say what you will, I miss Jim Price with DD.  Radio broadcasts aren’t the same without Severe Buggywhips, Yellowhammers and players batting thirrrrrrrrd

Listening to Jim was like watching the game with your uncle. He’s family. Jim never broke anyone’s heart like a third base coach can.

10 hours ago, romad1 said:

During my happy go lucky hippie days in the spring of 1973 I spent a month there. It was really great and I’m sure that the mildly shabby home my friends rented has been gentrified and is now worth several million dollars.

5 minutes ago, monkeytargets39 said:

Gotta wonder how long they keep trying this.  Mize can’t be activated till the end of the month.  

I don't know if it's accurate to say they will regret moving Mize to the 60 because I don't really think they care that much about wins and losses right now, but after throwing 35 pitches last night, Casey will be ready well before 9/1.

6 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I don't know if it's accurate to say they will regret moving Mize to the 60 because I don't really think they care that much about wins and losses right now, but after throwing 35 pitches last night, Casey will be ready well before 9/1.

I don’t think they regret putting Mize on the 60 because they needed the temporary 40 man spot. it’s just that they haven’t really gotten any innings out of Brieske as a starter to help ease the bullpen