8/16/24 6:40PM Yankees @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

1 hour ago, casimir said:

So, yeah, congrats to Jace Jung and Trey Sweeney for being promoted.  Now go face Gerrit Cole in your debut.  And smack him around the ballyard, eh?

Headlines write themselves: "Former Yankee farmhand handles Yankees in blowout Tigers win"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

Headlines write themselves: "Former Yankee farmhand handles Yankees in blowout Tigers win"

I like that, especially the sub headline "Rookie Accidently Burns All Detroit ****ty Connect Jerseys Before Debut".

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I like the city connect jerseys. I think being against them is like being against rock ‘n’ roll in the late 50s and only liking smooth crooners from South Philly. 

They have grown on me to be honest.  

• Like 1

My problem with the City Connects is the MLB decision to institute them, far more than with the Tigers version. Alternate jerseys to honor the Negro Leagues, I’m onboard. The City Connects seem contrived - but if you have to do them, the Tiger version doesn’t bother me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dan Gilmore said:

My problem with the City Connects is the MLB decision to institute them, far more than with the Tigers version. Alternate jerseys to honor the Negro Leagues, I’m onboard. The City Connects seem contrived - but if you have to do them, the Tiger version doesn’t bother me.

Well, there were no Negro League jerseys this season, at least for the Tigers.  Remember the issues with the regular jerseys at the beginning of the season (poor fit, fabric was translucent and/or pants didn't match the shirts, supplier issues).  Then the manufacturer had to make the ****ty connects for the teams that debuted them, but also probably every team since the fabric of the regulars was changed as well.  So essentially, MLB thumber their collective nose at Negro League jerseys in favor of ****ty connects.

4 minutes ago, Dan Gilmore said:

I really like the version the Tigers have, but the whole thing seems to be a kind of glad handing corporate insider thing that annoyingly reminds us of who calls the shots and makes the money regardless of what we want or are used to. I know, “it’s a business,” etc. etc. but having your nose rubbed in it constantly detracts from the traditional luster of the game. And if people don’t like the jerseys for that reason, I totally understand that. I think by chance we just happened to luck out because some other teams didn’t. 

4 minutes ago, casimir said:

Madris might be safe for a little longer.  He and Ibanez seem to be the only 1Bdudes on the team.

So if my math is correct the only RH bats are Ibanez, Malloy, Vierling, Baez, and the two catchers. Not exactly murderer's row against LHPs, but if you are going to lean one way, especially when playing in a park like Comerica, it makes more sense to lean left. 

1 hour ago, casimir said:

So essentially, MLB thumber their collective nose at Negro League jerseys in favor of ****ty connects.

The only reason MLB is interested in the Negro Leagues is because there is a dollar to be made. Other than that, Manfred & Company couldn’t care less.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1