8/16/24 6:40PM Yankees @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

6 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Call me crazy but I would rather have kept Urshela over McStinky.

IDK, maybe they did it to do Gio a favor since he still be playoff eligible if he catches on with a winning team. Or maybe they just did because Gio would have a FA at the end of the year while McK is under control. But I think the Tigers would be nuts to offer arbitration to McK anyway so odds are he's gone in '25 too.

1 minute ago, 1984Echoes said:

Despite the two HR's, Hurter pitched really well tonight for 6 innings. I give him credit for facing down the Yankees' Murderers Row and surviving...

Speaking of free agent closers, Holmes is probably the top guy available.

1 minute ago, Tigermojo said:

Speaking of free agent closers, Holmes is probably the top guy available.

Probably near-impossible to entice a guy away from the Yankees and the real possibility of playing in World Series (multiple)...

IMO.

3 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Despite the two HR's, Hurter pitched really well tonight for 6 innings. I give him credit for facing down the Yankees' Murderers Row and surviving...

Yeah, the pitching all did good. Getting to Cole was the problem, as it is for most teams. Cy Young quality pitcher...

1 minute ago, 1984Echoes said:

Probably near-impossible to entice a guy away from the Yankees and the real possibility of playing in World Series (multiple)...

IMO.

I guess, possibly. They're playing much better now, the Yank fans were in full panic mode about a month or so ago. They haven't won it all since 2009, a lifetime for Yankee fans...lol