8/16/24 6:40PM Yankees @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

2 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Probably near-impossible to entice a guy away from the Yankees and the real possibility of playing in World Series (multiple)...

IMO.

PS: I would look more at a team like the Marlins (who ain't winning anything) and work a trade for Andrew Nardi maybe...

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

didn't see the whole game - did either Sweeney or Yung have any tough chances in the field? All the plays I saw Sweeney make were pretty routine.

Jung had to catch a pop up near the dugout but nothing too challenging for either of them. Sweeney did get a lot of chances but looked fine.

19 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

Speaking of free agent closers, Holmes is probably the top guy available.

I can’t picture Detroit looking at a top closer yet. The Tiger’s offense would have to justify that kind of expense and they’re not there yet, imo.

• Like 1

#4 dropped in right at the top of the zone. Was hi, dropped in. To naked eye it did look hi. Was a great pitch. Jung struck out his prior at-bat on a pitch that was also painted. Jung took walks first 2 at-bats. Showed a decent eye and didn't chase.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Yeah, the pitching all did good. Getting to Cole was the problem, as it is for most teams. Cy Young quality pitcher...

Without looking it up, I would guess that Cole has had more MLB service time than the cumulative time of the Tiger starting lineup.  Heck, I’d be so bold as to wager your paycheck on that.