8/17/24 1:10PM Yankees @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

1 minute ago, holygoat said:

The behind-the-ump camera angle is terrible.

actually when there is a LH pitcher I like it because a left-center field camera doesn't give you the track of a left hand pitch at all. Which is why I like the CF camera directly behind the pitcher - though I know most people don't. Anyway, I'm going to date myself here but way waay back in the day they used the camera behind the plate a lot - maybe because the optics on the CF cameras weren't good enough.

Just now, Timmitch55 said:

I can't watch Foley. He goes full or close, on EVERY hitter.

Pitching and pitchers always remain a mystery. Why doesn't a guy with a power arm like Foley throw a 4 seamer when he goes to the top of the zone - he'd be way more likely to get the swing and miss. I assume it has to be because his 4 seamer must be flat as a pancake. So then back to the question - if he can throw a live two seamer, why would his be 4 seamer be 'dead'. Who knows - it's pitching mystery.

I like the Yankees old school plain lettered road jerseys. There’s a quiet dignity about them. This was also often the norm in the early 60s when I first began following baseball so I have a nostalgic affinity for this style. It’s the same style our ‘68 team wore but I like our current roadies which harken to a still earlier time. I wouldn’t be against those ‘60s roadies being worn on occasion though. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Just in time for exhibition football.

Feel free to use it. I don’t get to see many Lions games on TV although in my heart of hearts I root for them.  Because for me, “it’s all about the D…” 

• Like 1