Michigan Football 2024 aka The Year Michigan has to Defend a Natty

Michigan team 145:  So this is how to be a team in the NIL era.  Everyone came for our roster but the boosters appear to have held off everyone.  What was that story about cheezburgerzzzzzz again?

Go Blue and lets destroy the haters.

2 to 4 losses.  have a hard time seeing them beat osu this year.  think the split with oregon and texas.  hard to tell without an established qb.

hot takes: oline is better than last year.  they lose one game they should win (nebraska?).  alex orji is a pretty darn good (running) qb.

i'll be boring and say 9-3.  losses to oregon, nebraska, and ohio state.

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

Alcohol at the 100,000+ seat Big House. What could possibly go wrong? SMH

There was a lot of alcohol in the student sections in the Big House in the 70's because they didn't stop you from bringing it in. I suppose if they are selling it now, the cost means it will go mostly into the non-student sections, so that will be a difference.

1 hour ago, buddha said:

2 to 4 losses.  have a hard time seeing them beat osu this year.  think the split with oregon and texas.  hard to tell without an established qb.

hot takes: oline is better than last year.  they lose one game they should win (nebraska?).  alex orji is a pretty darn good (running) qb.

i'll be boring and say 9-3.  losses to oregon, nebraska, and ohio state.

Jansen had a hot take yesterday morning.   He thought Davis Warren is going to be the starter and Orji will come in on specific packages.  

The defense is too good for them to lose more than 3 games.   Don Edwards could win the Heisman if they figure out how to use him right.   

2 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Jansen had a hot take yesterday morning.   He thought Davis Warren is going to be the starter and Orji will come in on specific packages.  

The defense is too good for them to lose more than 3 games.   Don Edwards could win the Heisman if they figure out how to use him right.   

he could win the heisman if he could figure out how to spot a hole and run through it.

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

There was a lot of alcohol in the student sections in the Big House in the 70's because they didn't stop you from bringing it in. I suppose if they are selling it now, the cost means it will go mostly into the non-student sections, so that will be a difference.

I remember walking in with beer in the '90's. And yes, many people were drinking. But with 100,000 people jammed in there, even more will be drinking. They better bring in port a potties...lol

20 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

He didn’t have a problem with it last time out.  

he sure did have a problem with it.  bouncing off his own blockers and then finding open space is one thing, finding the hole is another.  he's very inconsistent at it.

44 minutes ago, buddha said:

he sure did have a problem with it.  bouncing off his own blockers and then finding open space is one thing, finding the hole is another.  he's very inconsistent at it.

Probably true for most guys but he’s not most guys.  It’s not normal to have vision, moves, and next level speed like this.  He can find his own holes.  

Edited by Hongbit

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

Probably true for most guys but he’s not most guys.  It’s not normal to have vision, moves, and next level speed like this.  He can find his own holes.  

if he had done that consistently for the last two years he would be in the pros right now.  but he didnt.

let's see if the holes are there this year.

3 minutes ago, romad1 said:

We are definitely losing tonight.  Fresno State having to travel to Ann Arbor to play a bunch of nobodies who aren't even rated recruits, they are going to be mad.  Poor Michigan. 

I just want to know what idiot decided the first game of season should be at night. Poor folks that live around the stadium will have get out their hoses in the morning and wash down all the drunk kids asleep under the privets.

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

I just want to know what idiot decided the first game of season should be at night. Poor folks that live around the stadium will have get out their hoses in the morning and wash down all the drunk kids asleep under the privets.

On the other hand, any idiot that lives that close to the stadium knew what they were getting into when they moved in.  

Michigan 38

Fresno 10

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Fresno State is very far away.  

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

On the other hand, any idiot that lives that close to the stadium knew what they were getting into when they moved in.

I have some sympathy if you bought a long time ago when the number of people who came into town was a lot smaller. I have known a few people who thought it would be 'fun' to live near by and then found out it wasn't.

The out of towners are always good for a few laughs though. We were just down at Busch's to pick up some things and the classic domestically incompetent male with teenage son had come from a tailgate and was trying to buy something just to get some cash back. So he has a single pack of gum and he can't get any of 4 different credit cards to work (cashiers gets an A+ for patience), he finally gives up and goes over to customer service, and then a person in line two spaces back has to save his butt's day by finding all the rest of his ID on the floor before he had gone out the door.  🙄

Edited by gehringer_2

3 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I wish Michigan would start the season off with a more competitive opponent each year. Seeing these cupcake games has gotten old. I'd love to see a real opponent to start the season. 

Take a look at the cupcake they lined up for next week at the Big House.   

3 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I wish Michigan would start the season off with a more competitive opponent each year. Seeing these cupcake games has gotten old. I'd love to see a real opponent to start the season. 

Fresno State is not a cupcake. At least not the way Connecticut, Hawaii, East Carolina, UNLV, Bowling Green, Colorado State, etc. are.

They returned a lot of talent and went 9-4 last year. This a good team, at least by non-conference standards.