Michigan Football 2024 aka The Year Michigan has to Defend a Natty

46 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

This is a masterclass of bad QB management.  You couldn’t script the ineptness any better. 

What Power 5 teams, that had great success in a given season, did so by changing QBs like this constantly. There are examples of situations where a Tua comes in for an injured QB and lights the game up out of nowhere. But when has this constant QB change ever really worked in high level, Power 5 programs?

4 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

They're putting the most vanilla offense they can out there.   Keep that in mind.  They don't want to show Texas anything.   When they needed to turn it on and make it a 2-score game, they did.   This is a glorified practice. 

What will you say after they hand it off up the middle every other play next week?  Saving it for Indiana. 

2 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

What Power 5 teams, that had great success in a given season, did so by changing QBs like this constantly. There are examples of situations where a Tua comes in for an injured QB and lights the game up out of nowhere. But when has this constant QB change ever really worked in high level, Power 5 programs?

As John Madden used to say "If you have 2 quarterbacks you have none." 

• Like 1

Just now, TP_Fan said:

Another flag after the TD. They need to reign it in. They are being arrogant and out of control. 

That whole picture taking afterwards was cocky and dumb. You don't have to be exactly like Barry Sanders after you make a big play. But the way he would just drop the ball, head to the sidelines, and focus on the next play was refreshing to see. I don't mind a little celebrating, but that picture taking was nonsense. 

6 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Meyer shuffled QBs around one year at OSU, heck UM once tried to run Henson and Brady seriatum for too long. So it happens, but agreed the results are more often bad than good because in most cases it just means neither guy is showing enough to deserve the gig full time.

Just now, Mr.TaterSalad said:

That whole picture taking afterwards was cocky and dumb. You don't have to be exactly like Barry Sanders after you make a big play. But the way he would just drop the ball, head to the sidelines, and focus on the next play was refreshing to see. I don't mind a little celebrating, but that picture taking was nonsense. 

Someday classy will probably make a comeback, it always does, but I'm afraid it will after I'm long gone.

2 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

gramps

6 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

As John Madden used to say "If you have 2 quarterbacks you have none." 

I'm not going to panic yet because it's still early and both Warren and Orji are essentially rookies out there starting. At some point in the season, sooner rather than later, I am expecting one of these guys to takeover and clearly show why they deserve to be the full time starter. Honestly, I'm thinking that should be Warren. Which means he needs to read the field better, work through progressions, and make better decisions.