8/24/24 7:10PM Tigers @ White Sox

Tigeraholic1

12 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

The White Sox centerfielder just fielded that RBI single off Meadows bat with such lackluster body language that I felt bad for him. 

My friends and I noticed several lackluster efforts last night.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Tiger replay advisor needs to be go? They seem to be losing a lot.

I was surprised how Vierling in right fielder insisted on the replay for the diving catch try early on. I thought the replay showed a clear change of trajectory from hitting the ground, and how could a major leaguer not sense that? My friend did not they said the called “stands” over being “confirmed”. But on the scoreboard video it looked really obvious. 

10 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

I had written off both McKinstry and Miller a month ago. Both have really come on lately.

If you believe in the magic of calendar splits, “McStinky” is .314/.364/.510 in 55 plate appearances in August. He will be playing for his career for the rest of his young life, and I think he will have earned another season with someone, if not us.

6 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I was surprised how Vierling in right fielder insisted on the replay for the diving catch try early on. I thought the replay showed a clear change of trajectory from hitting the ground, and how could a major leaguer not sense that? My friend did not they said the called “stands” over being “confirmed”. But on the scoreboard video it looked really obvious. 

I don't know how often they are being honest vs just competitive but it's not uncommon for guys to think/claim they made catches they didn't. I played so many years of softball that I don't have any sense left of the impact of a lighter hardball at the end of 13" glove and how much you can sense it's trajectory. You should hear the ball hit the ground, then your glove, but if it  hits your glove then your glove hits the ground, it might not sound that different, especially if one sound is simultaneous with your foot/arm etc., hitting the ground. 

10 minutes ago, chasfh said:

If you believe in the magic of calendar splits, “McStinky” is .314/.364/.510 in 55 plate appearances in August. He will be playing for his career for the rest of his young life, and I think he will have earned another season with someone, if not us.

I don't know why I thought he was younger than he is, maybe because he looks it, but at 29 he is a grizzled vet by comparison on this team.

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

I don't know why I thought he was younger than he is, maybe because he looks it, but at 29 he is a grizzled vet by comparison on this team.

Everyone under 50 looks 29 to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, chasfh said:

To be fair McStinky has done much better with consistent playing time. Having said that.....