8/26/24 8:10PM Tigers @ White Sox

Tigeraholic1

29 minutes ago, 1776 said:

I was really hoping for a day game, all things considered.

Definitely up for a Ty Madden start.

One of the few times you will see Dickerson get riled up is when he starts in on the lack of a league rule that getaway days are day games.  Especially a monday night one at the end of a 4 game series.

18 minutes ago, oblong said:

One of the few times you will see Dickerson get riled up is when he starts in on the lack of a league rule that getaway days are day games.  Especially a monday night one at the end of a 4 game series.

At least this is a short trip back home.  It seems like every trip to the Angels is midweek and the last game is always a night game.

3 hours ago, oblong said:

I thought maybe today was a makeup day but it was a scheduled game. I really don't ever remember a 4 game series ending on a Monday. Jason called it a wraparound series like it's been done before but it seems pretty strange.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I thought maybe today was a makeup day but it was a scheduled game. I really don't ever remember a 4 game series ending on a Monday. Jason called it a wraparound series like it's been done before but it seems pretty strange.

The number of Monday games in general has been weird this season.

It’s nice that we’re not particularly playing for anything other than seeing what the kids can do. Getting to .500 is, let’s face it, not something to organize a parade over. So it’s nice just to enjoy this last bit of the season for the pure baseballishness of it. 

58 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Ahh yes the ol wrap around.

image.gif.6ed6e6f61e5ba115a5c254b9dcd321bc.gif

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

It’s nice that we’re not particularly playing for anything other than seeing what the kids can do. Getting to .500 is, let’s face it, not something to organize a parade over. So it’s nice just to enjoy this last bit of the season for the pure baseballishness of it. 

I like to see them get hits and prevent hits in a fashion that indicates they would do it again next year enough to be gooder. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oblong said:

Also, don’t mention Trevor Bauer to him.

44 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I like to see them get hits and prevent hits in a fashion that indicates they would do it again next year enough to be gooder. 

But does momentum carry into next season? Some say it does. Hopefully, a strong end of 2024 means good things for 2025. But, IDK.

2 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

But does momentum carry into next season? Some say it does. Hopefully, a strong end of 2024 means good things for 2025. But, IDK.

Talent does.  If we have it its gooder than not having it. 

30 minutes ago, theroundsquare said:

I've heard of the wraparound series many times, I think Dan Dickerson mentions them, and I think Ernie used to mention them, too

Yeah, I've heard of them. I just don't remember one recently. Except for makeup games. It's just....weird. 😆

I’m a sucker. I just shelled out an entire $22 to get the rest of the season for mlb.tv. And luckily, we’ve already played all the games with Seattle so I won’t suffer any blackouts.

I do see we still have some Pacific time zone games with San Diego and Oakland on the schedule, times which I hate to endure, although for you in the Eastern Time Zone it really really sucks. 

I also just noticed that with the three games the Tigers play in San Diego in September, there’s an off day on Tuesday inserted into the middle of the series. On that day I hope no one gets arrested for getting into a fight at a strip club or something. Or they head down to Tijuana and do something dumb that makes headlines. 

• Haha 1

When the Tigers are in San Diego on their off day and they’re walking past a strip club, I wonder if they’ll all stop and in synchronized unison do a wave and slap their asses like they’re all on second base. It would make a great TikTok video. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IdahoBert said:

I also just noticed that with the three games the Tigers play in San Diego in September, there’s an off day on Tuesday inserted into the middle of the series. On that day I hope no one gets arrested for getting into a fight at a strip club or something. Or they head down to Tijuana and do something dumb that makes headlines. 

As long as they leave the Donkey that is dressed in a ballerina tutu alone, we won't  hear about it.

4 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

Don Wert died…

🤕

He drove home Al Kaline with the winning run that clinched the 1968 pennant " Don wert singles..Kaline scores, the fans are streaming on the field,  and the Tigers have won their first pennant since 1945..let's listen to the bedlam at Tiger Stadium"....I can hear it like Ernie is reciting it here in my office.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1