8/27/24 6:40PM Angels @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

7 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Nice of the "Jerk Sox" to schedule the Monday getaway game at night so the Tigers would have to immediately fly to the west coast so they can start a series the following night.

It’s in Detroit 🤪

4 hours ago, chasfh said:

Why did I think we were going to the west coast?? Ah well—you can join the legion of posters here who disregard everything I say! 💀

I believe they hit the west coast after this homestand. I know my brother who lives in San Diego was talking about how he was getting tickets for when they play there. 

I’m going by myself tonight.  Nobody in my family wants to go, don’t blame them, so I exchanged my other ticket for Friday.  (There’s a an orphan seat behind me in between two groups of ST holders). I’d like to see them with a winning record and I haven’t left the house, except for walks around the block since Sunday afternoon. 

11 minutes ago, oblong said:

I’m going by myself tonight.  Nobody in my family wants to go, don’t blame them, so I exchanged my other ticket for Friday.  (There’s a an orphan seat behind me in between two groups of ST holders). I’d like to see them with a winning record and I haven’t left the house, except for walks around the block since Sunday afternoon. 

Somehow,in my mind's ear, I keep hearing "Your love is taking me higher" playing in the background as this series is about to start. I get this gut feeling that this team is starting to gel and believe in itself.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chasfh said:

Nice of the "Jerk Sox" to schedule the Monday getaway game at night so the Tigers would have to immediately fly to the west coast so they can start a series the following night.

I made the same mistake a while back and I wondered why a game on the West Coast was starting so early. Welcome to the club.

2 minutes ago, oblong said:

From my parking spot by bookies. I see people walking in because I guess the lure of standing around drinking $12 beers is too much.  71 degrees out too.  

IMG_9834.jpeg

So I guess it’s really happening and it’s not fake news cooked up by the “Deep State” to rip off Tiger fans. At least I’ll sleep easier tonight. 

1 minute ago, IdahoBert said:

I am really disappointed. In Detroit, it’s raining at the decent hour of 4:40 PM (for me) mountain time. I was expecting to get my $22 for the rest of the seasons worth out of my mlb.tv subscription. 

They'll play. The rest of the evening looks clear. But I lost my porch planter full of flowers. 🙄

• Sad 1

I wouldn’t die for rain or kill for rain even though we haven’t had any in two months in Idaho, but I might rip my shirt off and run around in the parking lot to celebrate if it did rain. Instead yesterday they were predicting for Boise Idaho rainless 50 mph winds that would knock down trees. 

26 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I made the same mistake a while back and I wondered why a game on the West Coast was starting so early. Welcome to the club.

I did the opposite when in Montreal last week. Would check my app at 5pm expecting a 5th inning score and be puzzled why the game hadn't started yet. 

• Like 2