2003 Tigers vs. the 2024 White Sox

I was at Cellphone Park last night. It was a really nice night and the crowd was festive, although about half the people wearing White Sox gear cheered when the Angels scored and a real fan wouldn’t do that, because a real fan wouldn’t want their franchise saddled with such an ignominious record, and I speak from experience.

I will be going against this afternoon rooting for loss #121, and if they don’t get it, I will probably be in Detroit tomorrow night rooting for the same thing, and then some.

5 hours ago, papalawrence said:

The White Sox are closing out the year like the 2003 Tigers did. They don't want to set the record for losses. Still holding at 120 and they're beating the Angels today 5-0. The Tigers need to expect them to play hard during this final series, which I'm sure they will do

I was there today, as projected:

IMG_2573.thumb.jpeg.6dc5bb3571c5eecfa448714a470e2ff2.jpeg

The interesting thing about the 7-0 win by the White Sox was at all seven runs were scored in the fifth inning, and no other runs were scored in any other half inning. I wonder what the record is for most runs scored in a game where all of them were scored in a single half inning. I’d be surprised if it were seven. I think it might be something like nine or 10.

22 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Now that they clinched the worst record I had to look at the run differential and unfortunately it looks like the 03 Tigers are gonna finish worse. Tigers were -337 here as the White Sox are -314. 

2024 Detroit Tigers with two games left against the ChiSox:

”Hold my beer”

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, buddha said:

boom.

worst.  team.  ever.

suck it, reinsdorf.

Beyond the on-the-field product, which he's clearly responsible for, the audacity of a guy in the midst of a historically bad season to go to the city/state and beg for money to build a new stadium is hilarious.

At least the McCaskeys can legitimately claim to be cash poor relative to other NFL owners, I'm not sure what Jerry's excuse is.

Edited by mtutiger

9 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Beyond the on-the-field product, which he's clearly responsible for, the audacity of a guy in the midst of a historically bad season to go to the city/state and beg for money to build a new stadium is hilarious.

At least the McCaskeys can legitimately claim to be cash poor relative to other NFL owners, I'm not sure what Jerry's excuse is.

move em to nashville.