8/28/24 6:40PM Angeles @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

Ironic that Rogers a catcher gets screwed on a strike that isn’t a strike by another catcher. What goes around comes around baby; he ends up walking anyway.

All in all, I think I'd rather take a bad strike call at the plate than take a foul ball off of the sensitives.

8 hours ago, ben9753 said:

I literally thought they weren’t going to win another game after the trade deadline. lol

You aren't the only one, nor was it without cause.  Well, maybe a little extreme to think zero wins afterwards, but it kind of captures the spirit of the thing.

8 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

The youth on this team seems to have energized them. Also, like Jason said last night, these guys all played together at lower levels. So there's that team building already in place. Comradarie 

I said this before, and I'll say it again.  Maybe the kids are too naive to realize they are supposed to lose right now.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

this.

The pitching feels like a mirage right now. If Montero, Brieske, Sammons, Hurter and Englert all have major league careers that look anything like the last month, I'll be seriously surprised.

Then again, we've played some poor teams. Lets see what they do against KC/Boston

Edited by gehringer_2

Interesting analysis of Tork's swung by Gibby last night.  His hands and the bat are a tiny bit forward when he loads his swing. This allows him to get the bat into the zone more quickly.  He hammered both of his hits yesterday.   Extremely small sample size...but he's been bopping since he came back.

Also liked Petry's analysis of one of the Angel's pitchers change up grip and how it differed from the normal change. Actually had a ball and glove in the booth to demonstrate the grip and how the extra time it takes to set it up in the glove b4 executing it could tip the pitch.

Really good stuff from both guys

A-Rod did a video on his yt page a few years back talking about and demonstrating how throughout his career there were a number of different pitchers who he could immediately tell when a changeup was coming due to how they went to their glove.