8/30/24 6:40PM Red Sox @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

1 hour ago, tiger2022 said:

This will be a tough match up for Mize, although Boston has lost 6 out of 8.  Hopefully he can change speeds effectively.

I hear he was working on his slider during his rehab and increased the swing and miss ratio. I hope so...

Mize is not yet listed on the MLB website as the pitcher for tonight’s game. I don’t know if there’s a certain time of the day when he can be officially activated or not. Or if this is one of those little tricks to mess with the opposing team and keep them guessing. I find it hard to believe that the Red Sox would be tripping over their own own feet about who they’re going to face though. 

1 minute ago, Tigermojo said:

Mize isn't fooling anybody.

I kind of expected this.   I don't think it's an instant return to form.   Before  his injury, his last 3 or 4 starts were his best of the year, but that season after Tommy John is almost always a rough one.      I knew that coming into the season.   I think if he hadn't had the injury he would have settled into a groove - but it all got disrupted.       Patience, man, patience.