Week One: Los Angeles Rams (0-0) @ Detroit Lions (0-0)

Considering Bates has kicked a 64 yarder in this building I don't think it was that out of line to try to be aggressive there, all it would've taken was one crossing pattern completion and they would've been in his range. Unfortunately Decker just got beat. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

Considering Bates has kicked a 64 yarder in this building I don't think it was that out of line to try to be aggressive there, all it would've taken was one crossing pattern completion and they would've been in his range. Unfortunately Decker just got beat. 

I’m sure this was their thought process. As well as that the offensive line can’t let that happen. But still. You’re getting the ball back, take the 10-3 lead to half.

• Like 1

Goff took a hit there and could have gotten hurt. No reason to risk if there given the field position imo. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Goff took a hit there and could have gotten hurt. No reason to risk if there given the field position imo. 

I tend to agree but I can also see being aggressive there for the reasons I mentioned and don't think it was that crazy of a decision. 

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

Meh, Stafford has just been nickel and diming them. Has he completed a pass over 10 yards in the air? The DBs aren't getting beat. I'll take it. 

That’s their game plan though. They have two backup offensive tackles, they aren’t going to get 5+ seconds to be picky in the pocket.

I tend to agree but I can also see being aggressive there for the reasons I mentioned and don't think it was that crazy of a decision. 

I get their thought process as you and Cardinal talked about. I'm just not taking that risk, this early in the season, with a lead already and the ball coming back our way going into halftime. 

Come out of the half, no Gibbs, run run and 3rd down incompletion for a 3 and out.  Why.  Why is that the plays.

and then a downing error. Ball was already down and they booted it into the end zone.  As bad as it gets.