9/1/24 1:40PM Red Sox @ Tigers

Tigeraholic1

Oh boy. Tigers live is next. Two and three minute stretches of ads interrupted by a few seconds of remarks. Maybe it’s hard to scramble and get things together and they’re just killing time. It’s not like they want to give us ads. I chewed my nails down to the point. I was bleeding waiting to find out who won “pick the stick.” Thank God there’ll be two or three minutes of ads so I can gather myself and be prepared for what comes next. The excitement is exhausting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What is becoming incredibly obvious, to me, is that we have one of the greatest pitching coaches in modern baseball history.    Seriously.    Not only have they cobbled together something with 2 or 3 starters, but it's been good, it's been run nearly flawlessly.  But the other thing is that you see guys with so so numbers in the minors come up and they are pitching better than expected and he's got a lot to do with that. 

I have already seen his name mentioned for the White Sox managerial job and you know he is going to be one of the hot names this offseason.   Let's hope he pulls a Ben Johnson and stays.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, IdahoBert said:

Oh boy. Tigers live is next. Two and three minute stretches of ads interrupted by a few seconds of remarks. Maybe it’s hard to scramble and get things together and they’re just killing time. It’s not like they want to give us ads. I chewed my nails down to the point. I was bleeding waiting to find out who won “pick the stick.” Thank God there’ll be two or three minutes of ads so I can gather myself and be prepared for what comes next. The excitement is exhausting. 

You don't have to watch it.........you can get on the Double Dutch Bus and go for a ride !

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I turned on the Twinkie-Jays game. Twinkies tied it up at 1 but now the Jay's took a 3-1 lead and now the Twinkies got a 3 run homer to take a 4-3 lead, dang it.

8 series to go; 3 games each; 24 total; 12 at home; 12 on the road;

4 series against contenders; 4 against non-contenders

win 2 of 3 every time; that 86 wins, probably enough for WC

Skubal starts 5 fives more times

last 3 against CWS could be Ace up their sleeve

7.6% chance

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

What is becoming incredibly obvious, to me, is that we have one of the greatest pitching coaches in modern baseball history.    Seriously.    Not only have they cobbled together something with 2 or 3 starters, but it's been good, it's been run nearly flawlessly.  But the other thing is that you see guys with so so numbers in the minors come up and they are pitching better than expected and he's got a lot to do with that. 

I have already seen his name mentioned for the White Sox managerial job and you know he is going to be one of the hot names this offseason.   Let's hope he pulls a Ben Johnson and stays.  

I thought part of the pull for Fetter to Detroit was that was the only location he was interested in.  Obviously goals and ambitions can change over time.  Hopefully he still has that hometown pull.

Keep in mind Nieves and Lund as well.  This stretch post all star game should really have elevated their collective status within the baseball industry.

They ain’t spending much on player payroll.  Maybe the coaching payroll (which we don’t know about) is due for a bump?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RatkoVarda said:

8 series to go; 3 games each; 24 total; 12 at home; 12 on the road;

4 series against contenders; 4 against non-contenders

win 2 of 3 every time; that 86 wins, probably enough for WC

Skubal starts 5 fives more times

last 3 against CWS could be Ace up their sleeve

7.6% chance

3 in San Diego and 3 in Oakland.  Then back home for 3 vs Colorado.  They probably need to pull a 6-3.

Then it’s 3 vs Baltimore, 3 at Kansas City, and 3 at Baltimore.  That could be the season right there.  Baltimore is +4 over the last wildcard right now, +9 over Detroit.  While it seems unlikely that they’re competing with each other for one playoff spot in particular, who knows what that +9 is by then.  Plus they are only 1/2 game behind the Yankees, so they still have plenty to fight for right now.  All of that said, they probably have to emerge from this with a winning record, 5-4.

Then the Tigers finish out hosting Tampa and Chicago.  4-2 seems doable.

That above would get them to 85-77.  Could that be enough for a wildcard?

29 minutes ago, casimir said:

3 in San Diego and 3 in Oakland.  Then back home for 3 vs Colorado.  They probably need to pull a 6-3.

Then it’s 3 vs Baltimore, 3 at Kansas City, and 3 at Baltimore.  That could be the season right there.  Baltimore is +4 over the last wildcard right now, +9 over Detroit.  While it seems unlikely that they’re competing with each other for one playoff spot in particular, who knows what that +9 is by then.  Plus they are only 1/2 game behind the Yankees, so they still have plenty to fight for right now.  All of that said, they probably have to emerge from this with a winning record, 5-4.

and you have to catch either Minn or KC?  Minn has Cleveland, KC and Baltimore left as their tougher series. KC has Minn, NY, Atl, Clev and us. 

41 minutes ago, casimir said:

I hope Baltimore sees Skubal twice.

10 hours ago, casimir said:

I thought part of the pull for Fetter to Detroit was that was the only location he was interested in.  Obviously goals and ambitions can change over time.  Hopefully he still has that hometown pull.

Keep in mind Nieves and Lund as well.  This stretch post all star game should really have elevated their collective status within the baseball industry.

They ain’t spending much on player payroll.  Maybe the coaching payroll (which we don’t know about) is due for a bump?

Not just the hometown pull, but the pull of accomplishment. Fetter still hasn’t achieved even a portion of his ultimate goal of winning a ring, which is making the playoffs in the first place. I can’t imagine him bolting in the offseason, even if the contract to keep him here wasn’t already in place.