9/2/24 6:40PM Tigers @ Padres

Tigeraholic1

8 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Tork is a liability on defense. That likely won’t ever change.

Agree. And I’m not convinced he will hit either although I am rooting hard especially with runners on base. Sure hope it changes as we need a power right handed bat badly in the middle of all our left-handed hitters. It should be a perfect situation for torque to excel or somebody.

1 hour ago, SoCalTiger said:

Understandable loss considering the travel jet lag and start time. Plus the Padres are solid. Rest tomorrow in Tijuana and take the next 2. 

What I wouldn't give to live in San Diego. That weather looks hard to match. But it's too expensive. 🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I think we’d be in halfway decent shape if we could go 3-3 on this trip.

.500 on the road, unless it involves the White Sox, is pretty much all you can reasonably expect. That's always been my expectations.  Especially when you play a team with a better record.  

10 hours ago, SoCalTiger said:

Understandable loss considering the travel jet lag and start time. Plus the Padres are solid. Rest tomorrow in Tijuana and take the next 2. 

I still cannot get my head around this scheduling. Play in Detroit on Sunday, then an afternoon game in SD with an off day after that? It makes no sense. There were plenty of other teams that didn't play yesterday.

1 hour ago, Shades of Deivi Cruz said:

I still cannot get my head around this scheduling. Play in Detroit on Sunday, then an afternoon game in SD with an off day after that? It makes no sense. There were plenty of other teams that didn't play yesterday.

I'd guess when they made the schedule they wanted to make sure to capture a high gate day on the holiday but SD has drawn well enough it didn't make that much difference. They had 45K yesterday but are averaging 40K anyway.

yeah I think it's just simply teams get an off day Mon-Thur so they had them play Thursday and didn't want to have an empty Monday.  Both teams had been playing for 2 weeks or more.  I don't know how much say a home team gets in terms of whether a day off is Monday or Tuesday.