9/5/24 8:40PM Tigers @ Padres

Tigeraholic1

21 minutes ago, HeyAbbott said:

I think we are going to finish roughly where the consensus opinion was around February 14. It has been a fun season. The frustrating item about this season is the what-ifs that can be played. With just one more reliable bat or just a little more health and the Tigers would be in the playoffs.

I was thinking about this yesterday. Keeping Flaherty and Chafin probably would have helped us, even if it meant not having Sweeney.

2 minutes ago, ICroupier said:

They've both been tested and failed miserably. You don't need 200 ABs to see that neither belong.

I'm sorry Dingler and Kreidler are not in the same galaxy. Dingler is just getting started. Kreidler isn't an mlb player.

2 minutes ago, kdog said:

I'm sorry Dingler and Kreidler are not in the same galaxy. Dingler is just getting started. Kreidler isn't an mlb player.

Youth doesn't guarantee improvement. Some guys just don't have it and never will. I felt that way about Dingler even before his awful MLB performance this year.

3 minutes ago, ICroupier said:

And while we're at it, whiffing on two 1.1 picks are absolute franchise killers. The difference between a team finishing with 70-75 wins every year and a consistent playoff team every year.

This is true but who would you rather we had drafted?

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

We're around 5 games out but tangled up with several other teams, which makes it harder.   They're going to have to play about .667 baseball the rest of the way,  so 15-7.   That gives them 85 wins and I don't know that it's enough.    Everyone needs to stop looking past the upcoming A's series.    I am sure they aren't but the Tigers are 8-30 vs. Oakland since 2018.  

Also, the Athletics are playing well (29-23 since June).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kdog said:

restating the obvious...you need multiple real right handed hitters next year if you want to compete. They have a gap in development between the current group and the Clark/McGonigle wave.

I don't know if 3 games is enough to get them to reconsider their left-handed push but I hope so. It's too easy for your divisional rivals to load up on LH relievers. They can do that a lot faster than you can develop RH hitting once you go too far down that road. As always, the fact you think you can exploit a statistical advantage today doesn't mean your opponents are just going to stand still and not respond so you can beat them to tomorrow.

Edited by gehringer_2