9/5/24 8:40PM Tigers @ Padres

Tigeraholic1

51 minutes ago, chasfh said:

And Parker catches the final out. How poetic.

This might be a key defining moment in the transformation of this franchise. 

44 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Kept this season from seriously slipping away tonight.            I think he's figured this out. 

You’re optimism is fetch, but you still can’t sit with us in the lunchroom. 

IMG_6682.webp

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ICroupier said:

And while we're at it, whiffing on two 1.1 picks are absolute franchise killers. The difference between a team finishing with 70-75 wins every year and a consistent playoff team every year.

Who do you think they should have picked instead?

26 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I was listening in Massachusetts

Detroit radio was too far away in Idaho back in 1988. In Indiana in the 1960s though I could pick up Boston radio pretty clearly and I remember listening to some guy who I think his name was Jerry Williams. 

Hard not to like Parker. Kind of a poor man’s Gibby.  Lot of power and speed and make things happen. 

Doesn’t hit as well as Kirk did, but fields much better. Also, seems much more approachable.  ****, they’re nothing alike.

Please disregard this post.

• Haha 2

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and was grumpy as heck and didn’t follow this game very closely, especially after I saw we were down 3–0. Forever it seemed… then I picked up the phone 10 seconds after the slam.

After the fact, I went back and watched that last inning on mlb.tv and noticed how jubilant and certain the crowd was that they were going to win. Their faces were glowing with a nearly childlike joy, and I almost felt bad for them, but only almost. I know what it’s like to feel crushed, and it was basically their turn. Baseball is a zero sum game, and there actually is crying in baseball, but not for us tonight.

• Haha 1