9/6/24 9:40PM Tigers @ A's

Tigeraholic1
Message added by holygoat,

This is the 9/6/24 9:40PM Tigers @ A's thread. I merged in the wrong direction, and no longer have the ability to change the thread title. Sorry.

Hinch allows Montero to remain in game after giving up 3 runs.  I could see where this game was headed.  HInch had to give up a 5 run lead and he blew it.  Montero should have been pulled when he gave up those 3 runs.  But no, Hinch had to be sure Montero would lose the game by giving up a couple  more runs.  Hinch is an absolute idiot.  I don't think he really wants to win.  And why is Dingler still playing?  He can't hit.  But Hinch and Harris(and whoever else involved)  decided that due to his hiatting in AAA he was just  what the Tigers needed.  Fact is he should be back at Toledo, but if they send him down it would be admitting that they made a mistake in bringing him up too soon.  And they are not about to admit to making such a mistake.  Just like Hinch won't admit to blowing the game Montero started.

The teams behind and tied with Detroit don't actually concern me too much. In order to make up the five games we are behind MIN/KC, we have to keep winning anyway. If we do that, those other teams will pretty much take care of themselves. Since MIN and KC are playing each other this weekend and we still have a series vs KC remaining, I guess I'm rooting for MIN? There are other ways to go about it, but that seems to be the most straightforward.

I am not scoreboard watching because with the # of games behind and the # of games left... they have to win.  They won't be backing into it by the othe teams losing.  If the Tigers win, then I'll check the other games.  

• Like 1

I’m on vacation in Spain and must say it’s confusing following the Tigers. MLB lists games by when they were played Spain time, so when I woke up this morning they had Thursday’s game a loss but showed Friday’s game a dramatic comeback 4-3 victory. Here is what they show as the upcoming schedule. 

IMG_0089.jpeg

Edited by lordstanley
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

I’m on vacation in Spain and must say it’s confusing following the Tigers. MLB lists games by when they were played Spain time, so when I woke up this morning they had Thursday’s game a loss but showed Friday’s game a dramatic comeback 4-3 victory. Here is what they show as the upcoming schedule. 

IMG_0089.jpeg

Welcome to my life as a Tigers fan living in Spain! Enjoy your time here in Spain. You picked a perfect time to visit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, oblong said:

I am not scoreboard watching because with the # of games behind and the # of games left... they have to win.  They won't be backing into it by the othe teams losing.  If the Tigers win, then I'll check the other games.  

That's what I do, too. After we win, I check to see who lost that we gained ground on. And I usually check to see who is playing the teans ahead of us.

2 hours ago, lordstanley said:

IMG_0089.jpeg

Temu server.

Doesn’t look like a very well attended game. I saw a couple games there with a good friend when I would go up to the bay area, which would’ve been in ‘83 or ‘84 and he had season tickets second or third row on the third base side and I liked the park.  It was not a bad experience and you could take the BART there, park the car somewhere down the line, easy access. 

During batting practice, I locked eyes with Ricky Henderson and I was just a chump in the stands and he stared me down because he’s competitive in everything even with morons he’s competitive and yeah, he definitely won. I was intimidated and almost thought I should be wearing a dress, “not that there’s anything wrong with that.“

• Haha 2