9/6/24 9:40PM Tigers @ A's

Tigeraholic1
Message added by holygoat,

This is the 9/6/24 9:40PM Tigers @ A's thread. I merged in the wrong direction, and no longer have the ability to change the thread title. Sorry.

7 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

They can cut Miller right now as far as I’m concerned. I mean, doesn’t he have like seven or eight blown saves which is what the saves he does have?

He's pretty totally toxic - you might as well be looking at another kid in his spot because there is no way he is coming back.

still don't know why Hinch even considered using Miller, but it is what it is. If he is still on the roster tomorrow it will be a real FO fail. Basically one guy over the coarse of the season is why we are still behind the Twins/Royals.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

still don't know why Hinch even considered using Miller, but it is what it is. If he is still on the roster tomorrow it will be a real FO fail. Basically one guy over the coarse of the season is why we are still behind the Twins/Royals.

Painfully true. Great observation. 

3 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I have not liked these West Coast trips for a long time. Even when we had a team full of All-Stars, future Hall of Famers, and Cy Young winners years ago, we could go to the West Coast and fail. Failing to Oakland is particularly painful and with a long track record of futility to back up that pain.

8-31 against Oakland since 2017. 

• holygoat locked, unlocked, locked and unlocked this topic
  • oblong changed the title to 9/6/24 9:40PM Tigers @ A's
7 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

It was an ugly game and even if we’d won, it would’ve been an ugly win, but I’m just kind of grateful it’s over. 

Did the realization that they played fake base for four innings soften the blow at all?

7 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

I would say that not having starters who can pitch a lot of innings and not having great high leverage relievers is the reason.  Given that, I think Hinch has handled the staff masterfully.