9/8/24 4:07 PM Tigers @ A's

Tigeraholic1

18 minutes ago, Evil Roy Slade said:

I do feel bad for the Oakland fans. I know how I’d feel if the Tigers left Detroit. They just haven’t supported the team. And their stadiums a dump.

It could happen someday as the Tiger's attendence is no where near average for MLB.

Edited by HeyAbbott

3 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

No more no hitter Bert.

I’ve been so focused on the Tigers I didn’t even realize that was in play but aside from not liking no-hitters in general, because I expect them to ruin a pitcher’s arm, it’s hard to take a group effort no-hitter, seriously. In addition to strikeouts, I think home runs and no hitters are fascist. 

3 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Can someone explain to me in terms that a 10 year old would understand why Hurter, Madden, Sammons, Hanifee and Montero have all exceeded their performance in AAA?  Similar to Olson and Gipson-Long previously?

My understanding, although I have the understanding of a 10-year-old as well, is that the introduction of the automatic ball strike system in AAA has inflated offensive numbers but I don’t know how to explain that precisely. Also, the tigers pay specific attention to aspects of a hurlers arsenal that can be better utilized with their own genius like coaching interventions. And I am really stretching here to make this point. 

3 minutes ago, Evil Roy Slade said:

Yikes! I didn’t realize that. Hopefully a better team will correct some of that. Did they draw better probably obviously, during the better years?

The Tigers have been in the 3 million range six times in the last 15 years but they’ve been about half that much since they have stunk.