Watching the debate? Why?

smr-nj

If the election were next Tuesday, I think Kamala wins walking away. But if the election had been held in September 2016, Hillary probably walks away with it too.

The campaign needs to have a plan to sustain this success and ride the wave for two more months. Continue to attack and allow him to attack himself. No complacency. The road here should be easier than Hillary’s, because there is eight years of public opinion out on Trump now. But you can’t rest on your laurels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mtutiger said:

When you're the hammer, everything looks like a nail

The new Republican hubris will be to use “meme” in place of “lie”, as in, “nobody in the media cared about the issue of 20,000 migrants in a small Ohio town until we memed* about migrants kidnapping dogs and cats and eating them.”

* - i.e., lied.

14 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

If the election were next Tuesday, I think Kamala wins walking away. But if the election had been held in September 2016, Hillary probably walks away with it too.

The campaign needs to have a plan to sustain this success and ride the wave for two more months. Continue to attack and allow him to attack himself. No complacency. The road here should be easier than Hillary’s, because there is eight years of public opinion out on Trump now. But you can’t rest on your laurels.

I actually agree with this and partly think it's why they immediately challenged him to another debate...

It's gotta be all gas no brakes going forward. More interviews, more events

• Like 1

I do have a concern that the MSM will follow the RWM’s lead and focus not on the fact that Kamala crushed Trump with a combination of calling him on his horse**** and then burying him with facts, but rather, that she merely figured out how to get under his skin, which would constitute a lower order of victory that easier to dismiss. I’m already seeing that as the main takeaway this morning in NYT and WaPo and VOX.

8 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

Harris is now demanding more debates!

That’s fine, and we’d all love to see a repeat performace, although I can see where Trump agrees to it only if they have it hosted by Fox in front of a handpicked MAGA audience, which would force Kamala to either accept those terms as is, or look like a chicken for rejecting or even trying to negotiate them.

And if she did accept those terms, that would also give Fox the chance to constantly fact-check Kamala the way ABC did last night, except while using Trump’s lies in place of facts, as the braying morons in the audience hoot and holler, with no one there to correct the record, and the zone gets completely reflooded with confusion and drivel and just nonsense in general.

Something like might actually serve to reset Trump as a serious candidate with a 50-50 chance to win, at which point if he falls short in the count, they can try to use lawfare and the Supreme Court to put him back in the White House, and there’s at least a ghost of a chance that would work.

If that’s the direction it goes, Kamala will have to figure out how to prevent this from happening without looking like she’s ducking him, for which she’d get roundly criticized by the horse race-loving MSM.

Edited by chasfh

16 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I do have a concern that the MSM will follow the RWM’s lead and focus not on the fact that Kamala crushed Trump with a combination of calling him on his horse**** and then burying him with facts, but rather, that she merely figured out how to get under his skin, which would constitute a lower order of victory that easier to dismiss. I’m already seeing that as the main takeaway this morning in NYT and WaPo and VOX.

I'm not sure that is all that helpful to Trump, particularly if it feeds a narrative about his own age and infirmity. Case in point:

44 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I actually agree with this and partly think it's why they immediately challenged him to another debate...

It's gotta be all gas no brakes going forward. More interviews, more events

Thanks to the 2023 New York Jets, I cringe whenever I hear “All Gas No Brakes”.