Watching the debate? Why?

smr-nj

2 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

If the election were next Tuesday, I think Kamala wins walking away. But if the election had been held in September 2016, Hillary probably walks away with it too.

The campaign needs to have a plan to sustain this success and ride the wave for two more months. Continue to attack and allow him to attack himself. No complacency. The road here should be easier than Hillary’s, because there is eight years of public opinion out on Trump now. But you can’t rest on your laurels.

and don't cancel any trips to Wisconsin!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mtutiger said:

I actually agree with this and partly think it's why they immediately challenged him to another debate...

It's gotta be all gas no brakes going forward. More interviews, more events

the challenge to another debate was good, just arrange it not to happen. Hillary killed Trump in their 1st debate and he came back much better in 2 and 3. Don't give your opponent a chance to get off the mat.

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

Evidently it is legal to hunt geese. 
https://www.eregulations.com/ohio/hunting/waterfowl-migratory-bird-hunting-regulations

Geese are probably one of the nastiest fouls out there, stubborn and self centered. I've seen them hold up traffic on numerous occasions. 

I sometimes ride my bike around a mall area where there is a population of Canadian geese.  They can get quite hissy.

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

Evidently it is legal to hunt geese. 
https://www.eregulations.com/ohio/hunting/waterfowl-migratory-bird-hunting-regulations

Geese are probably one of the nastiest fouls out there, stubborn and self centered. I've seen them hold up traffic on numerous occasions. 

Their numbers have come back in a really stupendous fashion. Lewis and Clark reported a goose population so large they darkened the sky. A couple of years ago we were out on Lake Superior at dawn at just about this time of year and we saw a dark streak across half the sky which we thought was just an odd cloud. Grabbed the binocs to see it resolve into thousands of Canada geese flying in formation.

Edited by gehringer_2

I've mentioned my conspiracy theory before, but I'm about ready to drop 'conspiracy' from it.  Trump is an agent of the Democratic party and was used to sink the GOP, yet they were surprised he won so they doubled down on the crazy to try and sink the GOP more.  JD Vance hated him, until he was let in on the joke and together they are stacking weird on top of crazy, on top of weird, and behind the scenes have to be amazed that they could possibly still win.

7 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

I've mentioned my conspiracy theory before, but I'm about ready to drop 'conspiracy' from it.  Trump is an agent of the Democratic party and was used to sink the GOP, yet they were surprised he won so they doubled down on the crazy to try and sink the GOP more.  JD Vance hated him, until he was let in on the joke and together they are stacking weird on top of crazy, on top of weird, and behind the scenes have to be amazed that they could possibly still win.

8 years ago this was my conspiracy theory, but in that time I've learned that conspiracies involve a lot of smart people keeping secrets and executing a plan (shout out Conan O'Brien for pointing that out, of all people). New theory is that there are just so many ways to easily monetize extremism, and that's what they've been doing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

New theory is that there are just so many ways to easily monetize extremism, and that's what they've been doing.

I still think it was funny that, in the days before and around when Walz was picked, how many thought the "weird" thing had a short shelf-life.

When you surround yourself with people whose entire raison d'etre is doing just this, it makes the weird thing have a long shelf life because it's just calling a spade, a spade.