Watching the debate? Why?

smr-nj

I'm definitely joking about this as a conspiracy theory, but unlike 'facts' about the moon landing that can easily be reputed, I could point to so many things that the old GOP would destroy a Dem candidate for, his foreign policy as a whole, tariffs, spending with no plan, even how he has cost his party seats in both federal and state elections because of his need not to support the candidate with the best chance to win, but the one that is willing to look and sound the weirdest and agree with him on everything.

You know what.   That handshake at the beginning really set him on his heels.  Set the tone for the night.  That was such a power move. She's a boss.   I dig her.   I was gonna vote for her anyway, but yeah,  that's the kind of **** I was looking for. 

Undecideds just want attention.    

And yes,  Good was supposed to be Goose.   It was early,  Pre-Caffeine post. 

20 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

New theory is that there are just so many ways to easily monetize extremism, and that's what they've been doing.

bingo. 

started with Rush but social media now allows anyone who screams loud enough to cash in on their crazy

MAGA media all hoping for a Harris win because like Obama, she will feed that fire of constant fear

15 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

This is ****ing awesome. JD Vance showcases that he doesn't understand irony at all.

Vance is basically dumb people. No thought at all goes into what they say, just grab any nonsense even if it has implications that come back at you like a boomerang. And why does it work> Because their target audience is just as unpracticed at logical thinking. It's all politics by appeal to the lizard brain.

6 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

don't forget "lying because he doesn't care what the truth is"

one of enduring legacies of Western Civilization that has come down to use from the Greeks, re-enforced by another 2,000 yrs of Judeo-Christian ethos, is the idea that Truth has intrinsic value in and of itself. That to Trump and the people like him in the GOP, speech is a purely transactional act is a repudiation of all that. They live by a literally pre-historic morality, they are modern barbarians.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Trump just said every single poll says he won the debate. Is this what they're telling him or is he just delusional? Maybe both?

Goes under the heading of if you keep lying it eventually becomes the truth. Trump Law #2345698

13 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Harris campaign is on it. 

If they were running a real campaign they would pull him off the road for a week and send him to training. Every day he says something off script that makes things worse.    

I’ve got to keep reminding myself this isn’t a real campaign and only a grift to suck as much money as possible from the Maga idiots and Sheldon Adelson’s trust fund.    

• Like 1