Watching the debate? Why?

smr-nj

6 hours ago, chasfh said:

I’m mostly with you, but I don’t believe it’s quite a 100% certainty that Kamala buries Trump in this debate. If I had to put some numbers on it, I’d say it’s something like 60% she smokes him off the stage; 5% he smokes her off the stage; 20% it’s considered a statistical tie; 15% she does something inadvertent that cripples her campaign; and 0% he does something that cripples his campaign. That final one seems impossible at first blush, but as I said, i believe Trump’s cake is fully baked. I think he is so bulletproof to the red hats that he could lay some cable live on stage tonight, or scream “**** Jesus Christ!” at the top of his voice, and it wouldn’t lose him a single voter.

Sixty percent FTW!

2 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Her campaign has, to date, done a really good job of brushing off his trash talk and not taking the bait... (Her responses to his comments about her ethnicity is Exhibit A).

Tonight will be a test to execute it with him a few feet away... Voters want to learn more about her, they don't want to see her responding to him. It may be inevitable at certain junctures, but she has to play her game, not get sucked into his

If she does that, she stands a good chance of a clear win... but easier said than done

Following up on this, she was a little more direct than I expected, but she passed with flying colors on these parameters 

**** yeaaaaah Taylor Swift. Thank you for speaking out and doing the right thing. I don't even listen to her music as it's not my cup of tea, but I understand what a cultural icon she is to tens-of-millions of people in this country or more. Her endorsement is meaningful and significant. 

4 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

**** yeaaaaah Taylor Swift. Thank you for speaking out and doing the right thing. I don't even listen to her music as it's not my cup of tea, but I understand what a cultural icon she is to tens-of-millions of people in this country or more. Her endorsement is meaningful and significant. 

It's still going to be long and hard, and you cannot assume nothing but a close race in our polarized country.... but this was a disastrous night nonetheless for Trump. And since Biden's dropped out, I don't think he's had really *any* good nights.

His support is more calcified, makes sense since it's a cult.... but it's not unlike June 27th, what happened here.

Edited by mtutiger

3 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

From the top of the turnbuckle!

• Like 1