Watching the debate? Why?

smr-nj

8 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

But that's a ****ing blowout.   I mean these things are usually considered lopsided at 55-45.  

That’s not the vote, though. That’s who won the debate.

One of CNN‘s “uncommitted voters“ last night said she was already leaning toward Trump coming in, was also leaning toward Trump winning the debate, and said she’s not voting for someone to stand up in her wedding, she’s voting for someone to lead the country. That’s how a lot of this is going to land, I think, with Republican voters begrudgingly agreeing that Kamala is the better debater, while also forcefully disagreeing that makes her a better leader.

I’m not saying she (and Taylor) didn’t pick up any votes. She almost certainly did. I’m saying she may not have kept any Trump voters home last night which, despite protestations to the contrary, has got to be part of her formula to win. 

I would love to see the comparison of this debate with the last one and see how many of the same lies Trump told in both.  Most everything he said seemed repeated and should’ve been very easy to prepare to fact check on the spot.  

9 minutes ago, chasfh said:

That’s not the vote, though. That’s who won the debate.

It's roughly the inverse of the June 27th debate CNN poll result... It's about as thorough a rinsing that could have been expected in our polarized country 

Edited by mtutiger

19 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

As far as I can tell, it isn't just Steve Inskeep saying this...

Big fan of the guys who control where the spotlight is pointed tweeting about where the spotlight should be pointed, rather than pointing the spotlight where it should be pointed.

37 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

So this Haitian eating pets thing started with a picture of a black man (origin unknown) carrying a dead good in Columbus, Ohio?   

Um..........he wasn't eating it -- and it was probably not a pet and people actually do eat large birds.......that's not unusual.   

Did you mean dead goose?  This is interesting to me.  I don't know if its goose hunting season or if Canadian geese are a legally huntable bird.  I was on the road in northern Ohio this past Saturday morning and noticed a couple of guys with a dog in a farm field, one of the guys carrying two dead Canadian geese.  I think I saw rifles, but wasn't paying too much attention to it.  So, I ultimately don't know how the geese ended up in the that individual's grasp.  I was really more interested in getting to the destination for the day.  But, if it is Canadian goose hunting season in Ohio, and the picture as you suggest is the culprit, how have the two not been tied together as at least a possibility?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

I meant to finish my thought and got distracted. It's no longer "Morning in America". The picture and the MEME reminds me of a recent Front Line series of reports bring back interviews with Bill Moyers.

Trump knows how to play their grievances, the problem is the victims are still getting played by the same folks who created the situation.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/documentary/two-american-families/

Edited by CMRivdogs

13 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Very very similar to the immigration exchange.... theoretically should be easier turf, and he just didn't execute.

The biggest difference though is that while she was a bit evasive on immigration (that's where she deployed the "crowd's are leaving" line), she actually went on offense there with mentioning how cozy he was with the Taliban. One day before 9/11 as well.

Edited by mtutiger

12 minutes ago, casimir said:

Did you mean dead goose?  This is interesting to me.  I don't know if its goose hunting season or if Canadian geese are a legally huntable bird.  I was on the road in northern Ohio this past Saturday morning and noticed a couple of guys with a dog in a farm field, one of the guys carrying two dead Canadian geese.  I think I saw rifles, but wasn't paying too much attention to it.  So, I ultimately don't know how the geese ended up in the that individual's grasp.  I was really more interested in getting to the destination for the day.  But, if it is Canadian goose hunting season in Ohio, and the picture as you suggest is the culprit, how have the two not been tied together as at least a possibility?

Evidently it is legal to hunt geese. 
https://www.eregulations.com/ohio/hunting/waterfowl-migratory-bird-hunting-regulations

Geese are probably one of the nastiest fouls out there, stubborn and self centered. I've seen them hold up traffic on numerous occasions. 

25 minutes ago, casimir said:

Did you mean dead goose?  This is interesting to me.  I don't know if its goose hunting season or if Canadian geese are a legally huntable bird.  

They are, generally September/October timeframe depending on where in the north one lives....

In general, the focus on geese has been very weird because hunting duck and other waterfowl is pretty common just about everywhere, especially in some really pertinent electoral states like WI/MI/PA

Edited by mtutiger